Re: the WT's "library card" defense

by CatholicGuy 13 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• CatholicGuy
    CatholicGuy

We've seen internet copies of Paul Gillies letter and the translation of the letter sent to Beroea. Does anyone have a hard copy of a letter from the Society in English that can be scanned in?

It would seem that someone at the UN could comment on the Society's characterization that they never understood their membership as a NGO to be anything more than allowance to use the UN library. Yes, I'm sure the people at the NGO/DPI office are tired of some of the phone calls. Perhaps they feel somehow we would be accusing them of something unethical in allowing the WTS on board? We need somehow to get a comment from some department of the UN showing that they did apply for this status and that the UN does not just give special status to NGO's so that they can have library priviledges and not also agree to "support the UN Charter." Is there a section of the UN that could investigate who is telling the truth--the DPI office or the WT Society?

CatholicGuy

not my webpage but a favorite:
    http://ic.net/~erasmus/RAZHOME.HTM

• Lionel_P_Hartley
    Lionel_P_Hartley

Catholic Guy,

To characterize the association, as the WTS has, as simply to obtain a library card is disingenuous. But, if that's all it was, then it makes the Society look even worse for at least two reasons;

(i) They were prepared to agree to support the UN Charter and the UN's goals, and to do so in their literature, only to obtain access to a library. That is the ultimate selling out of one's birthright for a mess of potage.

(ii) If they actually had affiliated purely for their own selfish advantage, then what an unchristian thing that would have been to do. Here Stephen Bates' targeting "theocratic war strategy" is a stroke of genius in that it shows that the WTS will do whatever it takes, including lying, to achieve its goals. These days the WTS would climb a tree to tell a lie when it could tell the truth on the ground.

Thus, even when taken on its "merits" Gillies' letter is disgraceful and in no way excuses the Society's actions. Actually, Gillies' letter is a tissue of lies written with the clear purpose of deceiving not so much the press but Jehovah's Witnesses themselves.

It is quite obvious that the "Shepherds in Brooklyn" do indeed know their sheep. Unfortunately, the sheep don't know their leaders who are stunning examples of "Wolves in sheep's clothing."

I have no doubts that the leadership is quite happy that their little lie seems to be working out well for them. But, as they themselves know, "liars will not inherit the Kingdom." Perhaps You Know could comment on how this scripture, and the FDS's recent actions, align with his view that the WTS (which defines what JWs believe) is God's chosen organization.

Lionel Hartley

• CatholicGuy
    CatholicGuy

I'm not sure if the leadership's "tissue of lies" will work out so well for them. I think if we can get a hard copy letter from the Society to contrast with the letter from the UN we can go back and get further comment from someone at the UN. Basically, the Society's position is that the NGO/DPI office is lying: their involvement with the NGO/DPI was only a sign-up for permission to use the UN library. I think we need a hard copy letter to approach the NGO/DPI office. If they won't comment is there another section of the UN (higher up?) which could do an internal investigation and tell us who is telling the truth: the Watch Tower Society or the DPI office? An internal investigation could reveal: 1)The existence (or non-existence) of applications signed by Watch Tower officials for association as a NGO; 2)whether or not _Awake!_ articles regarding the UN were submitted by the Watch Tower Society to the Resource Library and what they contained; 3)other possible correspondence between UN officials and the Watch Tower Society.

CatholicGuy

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Catholic Guy,

I went to Our Lady of Lourdes grade school and Scecina HS in Indpls, IN. with Franciscan nuns for 12 loooooong years. I an Irish/English also. Guess I just wanted to make you feel right at home - no, I don't want to re-convert to Catholicism - but howdy anyway.

Basically, the Society's position is that the NGO/DPI office is lying: their involvement with the NGO/DPI was only a sign-up for permission to use the UN library.

To my limited understanding - the WTBTS has never acknowledged that they were a DPI - they have stated that they were a NGO, nothing further.

Sometimes the most interesting things said are not stated.

waiting

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Hi Catholic Guy. Can you please e-mail me at [email protected] Thanks.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

The defense is indefenisble! Think about a conversation with a dub:

X-dub: How do you reconcile the Watchtower's interpretation that the UN is the "Beast" with its becoming a partner and hiding such relationship for 9+ years?

Dub: Well, you see, they wanted access to their library in order to get information about the UN for the spiritual banquet of well oiled dishes in the magazines. They didn't know that they had to SUPPORT the UN's goals.

X-dub: Really? Well, I'm sure I have seen evidence that they did know. Would you like to see it?

Dub: No it is apostate propaganda. I take the GB's word for it that they didn't know they had to support the UN's goals.

X-dub: Well, okay. But are the GB really guided by the Holy Spirit?

Dub: Well, yes, they are the anointed brothers of Christ. Christ is the head of the congregation.

X-dub: So, you mean to tell me that Christ himself was behind the GB's aligining themselves in a partnership with the beast?

Dub: Well, uh, the GB are only human. They just wanted to use the libary I tell you. It was an honest mistake. It's the apostates I tell you!

X-dub: Aren't the "apostates" responsible for bringing to light this relationship of the GB with the beast?

Dub: Well, uh, yes they are, Sir.

X-dub: And were it not for the "apostates" isn't it true that the GB would still be in darkness as to the true nature of their relationship with the beast?

Dub: Well, the apostates did bring it to light.

X-dub: So the "apostates" actually "guided" the GB to make their decision to abandon their partnership with the beast?

Dub: Well, you might be able to say that.

X-dub: So the "apostates" were used by Jesus to reveal this to the GB?

YOu see, even this pitiful excuse that the GB made up has holes all over it. Just like all of their doctrines. Nothing but gaping holes. I actually am looking forward to these conversations with dubs -- especially if they come up with this lame excuse for the PARTNERSHIP their beloved GB had with the UN.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: To characterize the association, as the WTS has, as simply to obtain a library card is disingenuous.

No, it's not: it's a freaking LIE! Don't soft-peddle what those people have done and got away with for an entire deacde.

They are scumbag lying religious freaks who only care for themselves and their own existence. They forgot about the "little people" sixty years ago. At least.

Farkel, who knows....

• waiting
    waiting
    At least.

At least what?

waiting

• Lionel_P_Hartley
    Lionel_P_Hartley

Merriam-Webster Online states:

Main Entry: dis·in·gen·u·ous
    Pronunciation: "di-s&n-'jen-y&-w&s
    Function: adjective
    Date: 1655
    : lacking in candor; also : giving a false appearance of simple frankness
    : CALCULATING
    - dis·in·gen·u·ous·ly adverb
    - dis·in·gen·u·ous·ness noun

• tdogg
    tdogg

They just should have used the "Chewbacca Defense".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit