What kind of people remain members and will serve the WTS to the end?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

My family have been members of the WTS since the 1980's. They never went to college,don't read any books besides Watchtower material,have no hobbies,don't have any friends besides Witness "friends",worked manual labor jobs all their lives,never questioned anything the WTS changes,and have never looked into any other teachings besides the WTS propaganda.{ in other words: they are closed minded and not very inquisitive}

Are these the kind of members that the WTS preaches to ? How will they ever leave if this is all they know?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

What kind of people remain members and will serve the WTS to the end?

Those that are to be pitied.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Those that cannot detect the bitter aftertaste of the kool-aid they drink. Thankfully our tastebuds are intact.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

The seriously deluded.

• memario
    memario

People that have been guided to think one way, don't have to think anymore. The thinking is done for them.

mem

• Satanus
    Satanus

You kind of answer your own question. By comparison since you grew up in that family,it would be interesting to see what started you on the road to exiting? In what way are you different than your family?

S

• sf
    sf

Those 'kind', I suspect, will not dare reply to this thread, honestly.

Nice try though.

sKally

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Satanus asked: In what way are you different than your family?

I married a non-witness

I read 3 newspapers a day

Own my own business

Have non- witness friends

Read religious books that are not written by the WTS

Ask alot of questions

The WTS are just men who are looking for their own interests

I would never disowm my own family members

Don't agree they have a right to tell me what are the rules and regulations for me to follow if they aren't written in the bible

Don't agree that people should be called ''WORLDLY''

ETC.

• penny2
    penny2

It can be any kind really. I know well educated, widely read and intelligent people who are JWs. The message got to them at a susceptible time in their lives. They married someone similar, have a happy relationship and the JW lifestyle apparently meets their needs.

We all filter what we read. So when they read something that contradicts what they believe, they don't notice it.

Unfortunately, those born in and therefore thoroughly brainwashed, look up to the older, intelligent ones as role models (ie if they believe it, it must be right).

• 5go
    5go

I agree with penny2. There are plenty of other religions that get me feeling more sorry for their adherents, than the witnesses do on a normal day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit