JW's negative outlook on humanity

by kwintestal 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Western society has tended to attempt to create a magical childhood for children and lace it with make belief to increase the impact. Maybe this is a reactionary dreamworld to world wars etc which may have traumatised some childrens thinking with a doom/gloom perspective. Albeit well intended it can cause as much damage to some individuals as they move into adulthood and realise the world is far from a dreamlike place to spend your life in. Humanity seems always to be trying to formulate a better future for its progeny - this is natural and understandable for any life on Earth. JWs have their 'story' to explain the world and much of the bad is challenged by the idea that this world is being misled by satan and a better world is coming soon to a place near you so don't mix too much with people who are being misled. As such their whole philosophy is about building shares in an afterlife no one has seen and about keeping this life at arms length. I can see how this conditions children to psychologically detach from mainstream society and also why they at some point react by diving in at the deep end and finding they can't swim and hoping a regular person will rescue and teach them - which may not always be a good thing dependent on who that someone is! Even their parents may be going through the same and do their best to steer them to safety but with the common history of shared confusion may be ignored or rejected. And since rejection is endemic in their community as a standard practice it is readily defaulted to in times of stress or emotion irrespective of how damaging that may be. JWs attempt to have a perfect view of the next life and a stubbornly off road view of this one. I often have hoped they were correct because I would love to see humanity walk into such a place in spite of my own destruction - It would give me great pleasure to know something better was in store. I just can't continue with the utter unhappiness of all the destruction and speak of evil. It is like living in torment or conflict. Pointless!

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Bttt.

Bangalore

• ziddina
    ziddina

Good "bump", Bangalore!!!

What "Never Goin' Back" said - the extremely negative picture that the Watchtower Society paints of the world at large collides with the ugly reality that the Jehovah's Witnesses aren't really any better than "worldly" people - and in my personal experience, they were actually a LOT WORSE!!!

The arrogance and smug superiority of the Watchtower Society practically drips from the pages of their magazines and books. That attitude of unwarranted superiority was a major factor in my dissatisfaction and eventual departure...

Zid

• dgp
    dgp

Marked.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit