Reveal something you hate about your town

by JH 31 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

I hate noting about my town. How can you live somewhere that has something that affects you enough to cause hate?

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

I love where I am at, Its a beautiful place.

• JK666
    JK666

I hate the lousy system of roads in my city. It is the largest city in the U.S. that does not have a freeway that runs though the downtown area.

JK

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

Okay, I live close to the airport. Sea-Tac Airport. The Port of Seattle are Nazis. When they want your house, neighborhood, businesses, schools, history, they TAKE it. My neighborhood is now crowded with immigrants. They want the jobs around and at the airport. My renter was forced out of her job at the airport because the employees from.............forced her out so they could get another relative hired. The bottom line is...who will work for the least amount of money. The Union is completely bought by the companies. This used to be a neighborhood of large lots and generational families attending the same schools. Now schools are being closed because of the "appropriation" of lands. Low income and apartments have been built creating a "transient" population with no interest in the culture or future of this area. The Safeway Store that I have shopped at for 30 years has completely changed it's stock due to demograpics in the area. Okay, I can deal with that. The more the merrier....HOWEVER...the majority of these folks are on welfare and food stamps. Welfare and foodstamps are wonderful provisions when you hit a down patch, but when you immigrate to a country, use these lifelines as a base of operation and then expand on it by having many children and bringing your relatives here it taxes (literally and figuratively) the community and it's resources. My great-grandparents were immigrants and NEVER asked for welfare. My Grandmother was a mother of 10 (catholic) and widowed at the age of 46. She raised and educated her kids. Next door to me was 3/4 acres of land. It was sold and 4 $600,000.00 homes were built. All bought by Asians and East Indians. The East Indians cut down 10 of by trees when I was not at home. The husband asked me why I didn't move to India because on my salary I could live like a queen. I have been in the same industry for 32 yrs and he is a cab driver. I was so shocked by the whole situation that I said, "Why don't YOU move to India?" I live on an acre in a Mobile home. The property is shared with my oldest brother in a small house in front of me.

I really don't care if people move here from other places. What I do care about is that it is being done at my expense. Immigrants (and I don't blame them) get 1% 5 yr business loans and when that loan is at an end they sell the business to their relative and it starts all over again.

As my JW mother says, "Honey, this system has to be destroyed!" Well, could it please happen YESTERDAY?????????

Where my house was where I grew up and the Port of Seattle took, cargo planes now park. The road around this area had two lakes that were just filled in. Thousands of mostly Boeing taxpaying workers were pink slipped, retired, later replaced by same level , lower paying jobs. How do you feel when your company "downsizes due to the economy (post 9-11) and then less than one year later is rehiring at abysmal wages and benefits. Schools were closed. Histories obliverated.

I love my town but I hate what this US Government has done to our communities, businesses, and future. I do NOT hold this agains immigrants. I would go for it as well. Thank you Republicans. I am not so sure the Clintons aren't part of this "New World Order" as well.

All I know is...from being raised a JW I did not have children and when I get slower and sicker I am so out of luck. It will be pills or a gun.

Maybe everybody who was a JW from birth should get a financial retirement based on those hours/mo they served and all the hours of meetings and assemblies/conventions.

My biggest rant ever. Sorry. Thanks for listening. I luv y'all

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

There are only two cops and they know us because my kids got in trouble when they were teenagers.

lisa

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

US Highway 8...

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

Well i've lived in different towns in my life, Liverpool, Grimsby, Huddersfield now Stavanger in Norway.

Liverpool - The Evertonians

Grimsby - The entire town and everything in it

Huddersfield - the local accent

Stavanger - the price of beer

• 4digitcode
    4digitcode

london- crime and public drunkenness

• daytona27
    daytona27

Way too close to the beach, only takes 10 minutes to get there. Far too many of the best looking girls anywhere. Too quiet...I don't wait in enough traffic. Too close to one of best inlets to the ocean...only takes me an hour from garage to 15 miles out on the boat. Weather is too nice. Usually sunny and warm. Cost of living too low. Florida in general is low, but it's pretty low here. With not enough traffic, it only takes me 10 minutes to get home, so I can come home during lunch and take a power nap too. I think that about covers it!

• BIG D
    BIG D

im moving to daytona!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

big d

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit