My Letter to the Editor regarding Emma's death!

by AK - Jeff 37 Replies latest watchtower medical

• mouthy
    mouthy

Very good letter Jeff.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Jeff, you have a knack for these letters, keep it up!

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

good letter Jeff

here are a few lines from today's Daily Express - page 11.

"What of our right to decide that any religious belief that condemns its devotees to death is dangerous, pernicius and does not deserve reverence or respect?

Most religions freely allow the breaking of their most solemn laws if human life is at stake. Muslims, if they will starve to death otherwise, may eat pork. Jews, if the situation is life and death, may break the Sabbath or eat and drink on the Day of Atonement.

Should a religion that sits by and alllows a healthy young mother to refuse life-saving treatment be afforded the same deference as religions which recognise that human life is paramount?"

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Perfect... I hope it gets printed!!!!!

What you have done is crafted a letter that JWs might actually READ... and might not knee-jerk react... this letter might just get printed, and if it does, it TRULY might save a life or two.

Cheers and thank you!
    Baba.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Wonderful letter! I hope it is printed and can educate many people.

• bem
    bem

Very well put and not menacing so as to cause people who do not know the rhetoric to be offneded and make them stop reading it. and sensible enough to maybe cause thinking JW's to take the words to mind and heart. I am saving that for family anf friends.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Using an old Watchtower addage.............ADVERTISE, ADVERTISE, ADVERTISE!

Outaservice

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Ah, nothing less than the excellence which I have come to expect from your communications, Jeff.

It was a really great letter. I think there is great wisdom in a fairly even handed approach to the subject of that crazy religion. JWs are more likely to read it to find something they can pick out as a lie when it isn't the work of a raving animal in the first place. The raving letters are easy to ignore and dismiss. I am an ex JW and even I do that! Ravings tend to go light on information and heavy on emotion and personal experience. Excellent balance. Thanks.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Excellent letter, Jeff! You have a good way with words.

hugs,

Annie

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Thanx all.

Mind if I plagiarise for my local rag?

Sirona

Please do. And let us know if it gets published. It was kindly pointed out that the semi-colon might better have been a colon. And I used the wrong 'heels' - I spelled it 'heals'. I missed an "h" in perhaps. So if you use it - those corrections would be in order. Should have had my proof-reader look more closely. LOL

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit