Does anyone else love Willie and Kris but miss Johnny and Waylon?

by dinah 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Violia
  • Violia
    Violia

one of my favorites of the Texas Outlaw group was jerry Jeff walker, most famous for LA Freeway and a few others. He did a song called " Night Riders Lament" and I just fell in love with the song. I sang it all the time. I can't find a good version of him doing it on you tube- one that includesthe yodeling, but here Suzy Boggus with him. they chat until around 4:15 and she starts singing. It is just beautiful and she can yodel. I swear you will love it.

• Violia
    Violia

Lots of folks have done this song . Johnny Cash has a sterling version but I still like Kris 's version best as I believe he wrote it and sang it first.

what is there about Sunday Morning that makes a person feel so alone?

Kris is right,

there is nothing like a Sunday to make you feel alone.

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

I loved all those guys. I really liked them individually and didn't care much for the "Highwaymen" group. I got to see Willie in concert a few months ago. Absolutely the best show I've ever been to. Just him, his guitar, a snare drum, bass, harmonica, and his sister on piano.

I grew up on Waylon, Willie, Kris, and Johnny. Some of the best music ever. As a songwriter myself, I have always tried to emulate Kris' writing style. He could write in a way that made you visualize what he was saying. Almost like a movie in your mind.

• dinah
    dinah

Wow! It's great to carry on a conversation after 4 years.

Y'all posted my other favorites!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit