I got a call from an elder, he wants to come visit tomorrow.........

by fifi40 33 Replies latest jw friends

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Sadly, these people and their 'good' motives just cant let you live your life. They feel a need to either try and save you and bring you back to the fold, or classify you so they know how to treat you(according to the BORG.)

I am in a similar situation with this young kid I watched grow up. He's in college now but he has been calling me and wants to stop by with this elder at the new hall he attends. I told him he is free to stop by anytime but this elder I dont know and I dont see the purpose in him coming.

• jgnat
    jgnat

If the Watchtower stuff wasn't in the way, would you like to visit with this fella? If so, why not have him over.

If he breaks his word and starts preaching, be insulted and ask him to leave early. Tell him why.

I think it is healthiest to act as regular people would, and to react that way around them. How else are they gonna learn what is acceptable behavior, and what is not?

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

See him, he can't hurt you and maybe you can help him.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I say have him come over.

Maybe he wants someone to talk to, about his doubts, who won't pot him to the Elders.

Enjoy his company and just steer him away from the subject if he does have a shot at preaching.

Cheers

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit