Greg Stafford rejects Watchower and start a new religion

by TJ Curioso 44 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

TJ, thanks for posting this information! Whether or not you believe in his message, the point is that this is another fracture in the WTBTS! It is amazing to see the number of people fleeing from this organization. There has to be a number of JW's that will be influenced one way or another by his leaving.

Swalker

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I have read his books. What was his position in the Watchtower?

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

Not really feelin' it.

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Gosh another book salesmen....hmmm I wonder what he is using as a pattern for his "ministry." Looks like another JW tactic to me.

Leslie

• oompa
    oompa

His is not the true religion. Join mine!.......more info to come.....oompa

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Didn't this guy write a book called "Jehovah'sWitnesses Defended" where he supports using the name Jehovah in the NT? Lilly

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom
    SWALKER said : Whether or not you believe in his message, the point is that this is another fracture in the WTBTS! It is amazing to see the number of people fleeing from this organization.

I feel the same when coming across personalities or movements like this one. Yes, the WTS is obviously coming to crossroads in this day and age when it comes to the "unity" issue. There are JWs out there looking for a unique blend to their existing faith without compromising their conscience while trying to avoid the grip of the WTS.

This is sort of the JW reform movement. I honestly see the WTS splintering off into various factions over the decades. Perhaps centuries into the future. This is the history of religion.

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Stafford is the perfect stereotype of an "apostate". I sometimes wondered while I was still in whether those who leave the JWs over doctrinal issues really "start their own religions". As I learned the truth about Ray Franz, it is clear that is not what he was doing. But Mr. Stafford, well, I guess that's what he wants to do.

• Clam
    Clam

Religions/faiths/cults certainly seem to be expanding in numbers.

There's such a huge choice for someone considering taking up a new faith. Maybe they could have speed dating where you go to a big hall, and roam from table to table, with each exponent given 5 minutes to do his mantra and make you a convert. I don't reckon there'd be much of a queue at the OBVES table though.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

When one applies enough pressure and cutting force [as with an axe] to a strong piece of hardwood, it begins to split. Fragments fly off, called 'splinters'. Those splinters do not have the resiliency of the original log. So the log is broken, no longer as strong as it once was, and the splinters usually find themselves decomposing with time too.

The erosion of a cult is a good thing. Stafford, and others like him, are beginning to splinter off the trunk. They likely will not last. And they likely will be opposers to the hardness that existed within the trunk. If it helps disintegrate the evil empire, in the long run it could be a good thing.

The WWCoG splintered big time. It resulted in freedom to some, and continued captivity under a new banner for others.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit