Possible good news for Spelling perfectionists.

by misanthropic 15 Replies latest jw friends

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Well for the posters using Mac anyway. Has anyone else with a mac updated to the new Mac OS X Leopard?

I'm loving it since my spelling is sometimes atrocious- see I'd have misspelled that already otherwise ;-)

It automatically checks spelling on my posts here, which makes me happy since I don't have to spend extra time checking it myself. I've noticed it with emails and other things I've had to do a spell check with after writing as well.

Anyone else using it? What do you think? My first thought was that Terry will be pleased, I'm not picking on you Terry- it was just a pleasant observation.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I apologize though for words I have and continue to use out of context. Waiting for a OS that fixes that still ;-(

• John Doe
    John Doe

Mac, huh. Interesting. ;-)

• RisingEagle
    RisingEagle

Uvula probably scene this before know. It's own spiel chick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjhOBiSk8Gg

Eagerly

• John Doe
    John Doe

Here's another thought. I don't know if the Firefox browser works with Macs, but I use it and there is a built in spell check feature.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    Here's another thought. I don't know if the Firefox browser works with Macs, but I use it and there is a built in spell check feature.

I use Firefox when I'm on my Mac but I haven't used the built in spell checker before. This was just something I'd noticed with every program I'm using now since I changed my OS.

Rising Eagle That was a great video..lol!

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I'm sure someone else must have updated, Anyone else notice this?

• RisingEagle
    RisingEagle

I just checked my wife's Mac and it's running Leopard. I'll have to ask her when she gets home if she's noticed. That's the most time I've ever spent on her computer, btw. I have almost no knowledge of Mac's and how they operate. It looks nice though, it's thin and the screen is huge!

Eagle

• changeling
    changeling

I would love a spell checker on JWD!

• erynw
    erynw

MAC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit