ARE YOU PREPARED FOR DISASTER?

by tula 53 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird
    I guess I am just taken back a bit by the baseless attack and insult. Aren't you?

It was unwarranted and unprovoked. I wouldn't take it too hard if I were you. Could be PMS, or in my case, pseudo-PMS.

Anyway, were I you, I would deny each and every allegation and demand strict proof thereof. Feel better?

Here's a . Remember this: Study hard, the lesson is easy; study easy, the lesson is hard.

Sylvia

• John Doe
    John Doe

Yeah, I have been rather lax in studying this week, and I'm going to pay for it over the next three. ;-) Later Snowbird.

• BrentR
    BrentR

I also built a cold smoke house which is a great way to preserve meat and fish. I don't refer to it as part of my disaster prep but it would work great for that. As soon as the weather gets cool I start making lox, smoked chedar, ham, bacon and corned beef.

A small wood stove supplies the smoke and the extended chimney cools it down to below 80 deg (F). When I have it full of brinned king salmon fillets our neighbors over 800 ft away can smell it. And since I torture them with the wonderful aroma I also give them several pounds.

alt

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Interesting stuff about your immune system.

Last time , I wrote about why immune system boosters are both ineffective and undesirable . Far more diseases are caused by immune system over-action than by under-action. So it’s more likely you’d need to be treated with an immunosuppressant like a steroid than you would with an immune system booster (if there were such a thing!). Why then is there such an apparent demand for these products? Of course, part of it is created by incessant advertising and the alluring promise of wonderful health benefits. But these scams only work because most people simply don’t understand how the immune system works and can therefore be easily misled.

This is just a piece from the story. You can read the whole thing at the web site I listed below.

Dr. Z Scam Buster: Dangerous Immune Boosting Products

http://blog.healthtalk.com/zimney/senate-document-264-debunked/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit