Do tattoos hurt?

by coolhandluke 48 Replies latest jw friends

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

Are there certain places that are more painful?

In general, the more muscle or cushion you have the less it will hurt with the exception of really sensitive skin areas (underside of your arm, inner thigh, etc.).

I have 3 tat's currently. My first is around my left ankle and was a 3 hour, toe-curling ordeal as the ankle is nothing but bone, nerve and tendon.

My second was on my right calf. It took an hour and actually tickled more than hurt.

My most recent was my backpiece. It was 3 hours and medium high on the pain threshold.

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

Oh dear! Even as I was reading the title of this thread, I could feel the needle on my ass again. LIke a hot iron brand.

I agree w/ the pain being addictive, but that was a little much. I'm more into the pain from piercings. Richie, I want my tragus and rook pierced!!!

What did you get tatted?

The pain from piercings? F that. I got my nose pierced and would take all 8.5 hours of my tatting over that second of pain. it was horrible. call me bitch made if you want to. it hurt. i teared involuntarily. worst part was that i had to take it out about 3 weeks later because i got a cold.

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233
    Yikes. Did you show it off after I left on Saturday?

Not this time, but I was in gabbly the other day w/ Uzzah and Para and was reminded of the nipple piercing that I flashed in Toronto. Damn that Canadian weed!

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

Piercing pain and tat pain are completely different experiences. I prefer tattoo pain, but still get a jones for piercing pain as well. Piercings (also depending on location) are a shorter, more intense pain whereas the tat pain is less painful but drawn out for a longer period of time. Both are addicting as hell!

• Priest73
    Priest73

nipple piercing that I flashed in Totonto.

Sorry I missed that . I have both of my ninnies pierced. THAT was painful.

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233
    I have both of my ninnies pierced. THAT was painful

So do I. I loved that pain! I was high for days afterward.

• bigwilly
    bigwilly
    the nipple piercing that I flashed in Totonto

I didn't think it was possible, but my curiosity and opinion of you have just gone up

Sorry I missed that . I have both of my ninnies pierced. THAT was painful.

I'm intending to get both nips and my *ahem* pierced on Saturday. Go big or go home! I'll let y'all know if it happens and how it goes

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke
    Piercing pain and tat pain are completely different experiences. I prefer tattoo pain, but still get a jones for piercing pain as well. Piercings (also depending on location) are a shorter, more intense pain whereas the tat pain is less painful but drawn out for a longer period of time. Both are addicting as hell!

yeah. i like slow torture over a long period of time. blowing the load all quick like? pass.

my friend has a prince albert. mother of god. one time we were working (servers) and he got it caught on something in his pants. (don't ask me. i didn't look or want to look (well, maybe a lil)) i watched him limp around for a while. I say F that. my weiner is sensitive enough as it is. the temperature drops and we know it. the wind blows and he says, "HUH?" as if someone called him. i seriously don't need anything heightening his ESP. lil bastard

besides with what i do and want to do the giant dreadlocked black man does not need to get trumped with visibly tatted, pierced giant dreadlocked black man.

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke
    Not this time, but I was in gabbly the other day w/ Uzzah and Para and was reminded of the nipple piercing that I flashed in Totonto. Damn that Canadian weed!

yes operator I'd like to make an emergency conference call to Delta Airlines, a poster called OpenFireGlass and a former one called Valis. HURRY!

• forsharry
    forsharry

yes they hurt. :)

the one on my back REALLY hurt...but it only got very painful when he was tattooing on top of my spine...you can see some of my tats on the Richmond apostafest thread. the ones on my arm didn't hurt much at all...(a doable pain), and the one on my upper thigh only started to get really tender the higher up he went. :)

I LOVE THEM. I'm in the process of getting a half sleeve on my left arm right now...and the tat on the back there is RIGHTEOUS, Cool! Very cool idea. :) I love aisian art...the left arm is going to be a sleeve of aisan art...I also think the concept of balance is a very good concept for tattoo designs. Most excellent. :)

I guess that says something of my mental health, but i like the pain...after about the first fifteen minutes of it, it slakes off and sorta becomes a high for me...ahh...lovely adrenaline. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit