I'm going to be a basketball coach!

by alias 10 Replies latest jw friends

• alias
    alias

So I missed out on playing sports in school like I really wanted to. So hey, the power is in the present and I've decided to stop lamenting about my JW losses, and so I've signed up to be a basketball coach!

... for a little league girls team. AND they play on half a court with the nets lowered. With loose rules. What? I gotta start somewhere. You didn't think I was talking about the BIG LEAGUES, mow did you? :)

I meet my little team tonite. Yay!

alias

a good sport and kid at heart class

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

A couple of mistake to avoid - don't throw chairs or choke players. (B. Knight knows what I'm talking about)

• alias
    alias

[don't throw chairs or choke players]

Ever? <smile>

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Good for you. Hope you enjoy it.

When I left the Wac tower. I manage my sons little league baseball team. And coached his soccer team.

• alias
    alias

Thanks! I met my team tonite and can't believe I'm doing this. I'm just plain giddy. I'm even gettin' a t-shirt that says "COACH". Yay!

alias

• John Doe
    John Doe
    don't throw chairs or choke players

At least not for the first couple of games anyway. ;-)

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

I coached Little League while still in the cong. - no one gave me crap either. We won many championships including states and my son went on to be a HS baseball star as well.

Enjoy!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Have fun!!!!

purps

• alias
    alias

Unconfused,

That's surprising to hear. With all of the frowning-upon JWs do for extracurricular activities, school sports, and worldly association, it's rare to hear about someone who actually could do them all without being "encouraged" not to. I'm glad to hear it though... that's how it should be!

Thanks, Purple, I fully intend to!

alias

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

We the elders were friends of mine for the most part so they didn't want to hassle me, plus I was pretty well respected and they also knew it would be a handful for them to justify scripturally.

My one comment on winning was this....

"Winning is more fun, but not more important"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit