Any cigar smokers in here?

by marmot 19 Replies latest social entertainment

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

That is quite the bumper crop BrentR.

Do you have to grow it in pails?

• BrentR
    BrentR

Tobacco requires very alkaline soil so it was easier to mix the soil and maintain it in buckets. Buckets also allow the soil to heat up better then the ground soil does. As the plants got bigger I was able to move them around for the best sun exposure.

When I trimmed the suckers and topped the blooms I got a sticky residue on my fingers that I rolled up into a ball. Sorta a tobacco "finger hash" that was some amazing strong stuff to smoke.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Hey BrentR,

That was interesting info about why you grow the tobacco in pails however this line...

I got a sticky residue on my fingers that I rolled up into a ball. Sorta a tobacco "finger hash" that was some amazing strong stuff to smoke.

concerned me a little. LOL!

Perhaps it is totally normal.

At any rate, I look forward to smoking a nice Cuban cigar one day. I hear they are quite a bit better than the cigars you can buy in the States.

The Oracle

• BrentR
    BrentR

The Cubans are not the quality that they used to be since most of the good growers and rollers have moved to other countries. The Dominican Republic is producing some very good products. I would put a Fuente up against a Cuban Montecristo or Cohiba any day.

You just have to sample as many as you can to find your taste. The longer and fatter the cigar the cooler the smoke and your tongue will be able to pick up the tastes better. The hand rolled have a better and more consistant draw then machine.

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

yeah. i love cigars. there is one that i've found that i'm in love with. vintage 92 rocky patels. OMFG so good.

• BrentR
    BrentR

What size are they?

• emy the infidel
    emy the infidel

Brent R, wildman and tobacco farmer.

• BrentR
    BrentR

I have been called worse! But my wife still uses the "wildman" description for me quite often. I think that is a compliment.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

My humidor is filled,with nicely cured "Cubans"....."Fuente"..Yes..A very nice cigar...OUTLAW

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

As most know Cubans are not legal here in US, so I get mine from family in South America, other than that I like flor de Jalupa's with a good scotch, I usually have a cigar once a month

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit