I'm totally excited!

by coolhandluke 31 Replies latest jw friends

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

When I interviewed for my position my now boss asked me why I didn't have a degree. My mind filtered out "Well you see sir I wasn't allowed to go to college and without that hope basically glided through High School and then went to a trade school so that I could eat." Instead I told him that it was one of my major goals. After he told me that I had the job he said that it was now his goal to help me realize mine. "Dominick, the reality is that jobs will come and go but an education is something that never leaves you. You tell me what I have to do to make sure you get your degree. Make me that promise." So I did.

I'm going to go to the University of Phoenix to get my Associates degree in Business Administration. Then to a top 50 school for business called Daniels University to finish my Bachelors. My company is paying for all of my tuition. I couldn't be happier. Ive done IT for 6 years and made some really good money. Its not satisfying to me anymore. So the goal is to buy apartment buildings refurbish them to high end buildings and place low income families in them. Low income housing has always sucked and always been a den for repeating the cycles that spawned their need in the first place. My goal is to take these families, place them on a 5 year plan to eliminate their debt, teach them about credit and help them into a situation where they can afford a house for their children. So I can make money by adding value and give back at the same time.

I am in the stages of approval for my courses. I can finish the AA in 18 months online full-time with no interruptions to my work schedule. This is a good day.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Good day indeed. Awesome.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Yes it is a good day!!! Go for it, young man. I have two grandsons who I'm hoping will follow in your footsteps.

Thank you for this on a dreary day way down in Alabama.

Sylvia

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Talk about a great boss and place to work for.... wow... are they hiring? (hehe) You have such worthy goals..... it's no wonder that doors are opening for you. Congrats!!!... big time

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

That's incredible chl!!! What a great opportunity and what a great business idea as well. Empowering people to move out of unhealthy cycles is a great gift to them. Wonderful!!!

tall penguin

• changeling
    changeling

Congratulations!!!!!

changeling

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

I'm happy for you, that's WONDERFUL!

I know you'll go far.

RD

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

OH my GODS, Honey... what MAGNIFICENT NEWS!!!!

I love you and I'm damned proud... thanks for letting us share the excitement with you.

Love,
    Baba.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

That's great news! My work paid my tuition also it's a great way to earn a living while furthering your education! Congrats!

nj

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

thanks for sharing in it with me everybody.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit