Staying a Christian Upon Leaving (cont.)

by serotonin_wraith 76 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    "At some point, there's going to be enough pressure that it is just going to be too embarrassing to believe in God."--Sam Harris

Thanks for sharing that, writetoknow.

I knew I would find something meaningful in there.

Keep up the good work!

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

Sorry but I didn't see any hate in what sero. wrote, just comments and questions about the god of the bible.

The point is clear rather it be religion or Atheism hate is hate and it has the purpose of putting people into groups to persecute the group. It nothing new it been going throughout the history of man.

You might recall that this post is a continuum of another post of over 102 post. So yes, there is an attempt to marginalize religious views through intimating comments that Christains views are weak, uneducated and outdated. To imply that is not hateful is to put your head in the sand and not read the many discussion on this subject on this site or for that matter any forum on the net.

• writetoknow
    writetoknow
    "At some point, there's going to be enough pressure that it is just going to be too embarrassing to believe in God."--Sam Harris

Thanks for sharing that, writetoknow.

I knew I would find something meaningful in there.

Keep up the good work!

Well you can glee all you like; I don't care if you post all the posts you can against God it doesn't offend me at all. It is the hateful condescension your beliefs produce that I fined offensive. The same offensive attitude that some Christain hold against your beliefs.

Intimating people into not speaking about what they believe is just one more group like JW's nothing new about people having to hid from those that would persecute them over beliefs. Nothing to be proud of as an accomplishment for the humanrace thats a return to the attitude of the darkages.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

The point is clear rather it be religion or Atheism hate is hate and it has the purpose of putting people into groups to persecute the group. It nothing new it been going throughout the history of man.

Perhaps the most nonsensical argumentation in favor of...

what exactly is it that you are in favor of?

You've already explained that enlightment is something to be maligned.

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate
    You might recall that this post is a continuum of another post of over 102 post. So yes, there is an attempt to marginalize religious views through intimating comments that Christains views are weak, uneducated and outdated. To imply that is not hateful is to put your head in the sand and not read the many discussion on this subject on this site or for that matter any forum on the net.

Well stated, writetoknow. Keep the faith.

BA- Right there with ya, little buddy!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

How are you being marginalized, writetoknow?

It's a struggle to understand you.

That's a sincere statement.

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

It really doesn't matter does it you made your mind up on the last thread. So believe as you will nothing new about putting people down it not a noble cause.

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

I am not! But many people claiming faith in God are. Wasn't that the case for many years for people that are atheist in this country?

My point is very simple people should be able to hold any view provided it does not harm others. I don't like self-righteous people in any group. I don't like people that feel they are superior to others because of some knowledge that gives them the right to mistreat others as subhumans.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I am not putting you down.

Obviously, it's very important for you to share your views.

I sincerely offered the suggestion that certain improvements in your manner of expression might make it easier for some of us to read and take seriously what you are presenting.

Should you choose to take offense, check out Ecclesiastes 7:9.

• 5go
    5go
    Christains views are weak, uneducated and outdated.

They are sorry but Muslims, Buddhist, and Atheist are beating Christians with there up to date views on the world. Christian are trying hard to cling to the past in a evolving world that punishes you for not adapting to the current situations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit