Reasons why its so hard to break from the WTS

by Leander 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Introspection
    Introspection

Leander, I wanted to say just a little more.. Do you remember the scripture in Philippians 4:7 about the "peace of God that excels all thoughts"? (NWT) What do you think that is? It's funny that particularly the NWT, but also others which state surpasses all understanding etc. seem to me to point to a meditative state of mind. You have people who argue this and that, and basically will say this or that thought will fix it for you. The common approach seems to be "just believe it." Well, it seems to me spirituality is a little bit more than that.

Let me put it simply. You have your mind (and figurative heart, but of course it's connected) and your thoughts, your thoughts do not make up your mind. People who are otherwise well educated and intelligent can sometimes get lost in thought. For that matter, consider the figurative heart. Does everyone who reads the bible or anything else which may inspire one to be a spiritual person with a good heart actually become one? No. Obviously it's not just about knowledge and information. So what I want to say to you is: Look within. I think at this point you probably have enough information, and as dear as the organization which you take to be a worldwide brotherhood may be, if you are really interested in the truth you have to look at it for what it is. Don't look at it from the perspective of "prove that it isn't God's organization", but prove that it IS. Look at everything about it, and look at other organizations, and ask yourself honestly if that is really what it is.

• gotcha
    gotcha

maybe the reason it's hard to go is because we don't know where else to go...it seems that this is the closest one...but having studied catholic theology..their theology just makes as much sense as the wts'...maybe it's time to do our research..and attempt to know what really is true..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit