Excuses Excuses

by REBORNAGAIN 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Usually work was my excuse, overtime, tired from the job etc.

When I started my "fade" my father was very ill. Meeting days/nights were a good time to go and visit and help out.

BB

• BrentR
    BrentR

I left fast enough that I did not need to use any.

• TheCoolerKing
    TheCoolerKing
    Yeah.....most of them were with no windows for proper ventilation.

That's because they didnt want us to jump out of them Linda...Or to see how much fun the "worldly" people were having!!

My excuse was usually work related. I worked shift work all the time, including nights. Feel asleep at the public meeting more than once, after being up all night. I finally decided it was better to skip the boring meeting, rather than sleep through it!

TCK

• tere1998
    tere1998

I made an honest effort to go to the meetings... it was difficult to get to all of them, though, with a small child and both of us working, so I guess I faded by circumstance. Then, when I later tried to go back, I was looked down upon, and it really made me angry because I had lived my whole life for that religion up until that point. I just left and never went back.

• ninja
    ninja

the dog ate my watchtower....and diarrhoea

• free2think
    free2think

My head hurts...............but unfortunately it was true.

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

I always used my kids as an excuse. Someone had to stay home with them...I was glad my husband was an elder he had to go.

Leslie

• anglise
    anglise

Shortly before what ended up as our last meeting I told an elder that we were considering taking a sabbatical. I dont think he knew what that meant but thought it was scriptural so just nodded and smiled and talked about something else.

Anglise

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

stomach ache..................................to tired from work........................... calling in dead

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

monthly misery, illness, homework - usually it did not work - but sometimes it did

I wore them down. By the time I was 16, they quit pushing it; I stayed home and did the dishes and housework instead. I think they actually loved that. Unbelievably, so did I. I got to listen to American Top 40 every Sunday while my sibs had to sit thru sh!t meetings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit