No spaghetti stringed dresses at KH or FS

by White Dove 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• White Dove
    White Dove

My advice to any victim of JW's that would complain about sisters wearing these pretty dresses would be to take a pair of scissors with them to the hall and cut the strings off right in front of the complainers and ask if that is better. Go strapless!

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

I think you hit the nail right on the head as to why they're against it .... the dresses are pretty! Have you noticed how the "sisters" are dressed on the Wacktower magazine covers?

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

so funny my sister told me that my niece who is about 25, and very overweight, well she was told that the dresses she wears are too revealing and that she needs to cover up a bit, normally I would be upset with the "elders" telling anyone what or what not to wear but in this case Oh thank god someone told her something! really gross.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I have worked at jobs that did not allow these spaghetti strapped dresses either. The solution is to wear a little white 'bolero' or short sleeved blouse over them.

Unfortunately, us women have little control over what is sold in clothing stores and it is quite frustrating to go on an expedition to find things for work that fit, aren't very low cut and are washable, etc.

Contrary to popular opinion, some of us are not trying to look sexy.

LHG

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

I went door to door in Phoenix/Mesa AZ in min. 110°F. We wore spaghetti straps. It depends on where you live, but especially, what the elders will tolerate. The older ones would have preferred a long ankle length dress and a long sleeve coat to cover everything. Why not make them dress like the women in the Muslim countries, cover their faces too.

LINDA

• snowbird
    snowbird

My daughter is 5' 2" and weighs 92 lbs. She wears spaghetti strap dresses all the time. Of course, she takes a light wrap with her because of the a/c.

She looks so cute (even if I do say so myself). I don't think anyone has said anything to her - as of yet anyway.

Sylvia

• Billzfan23
    Billzfan23

HAHA... Here's a pic of me and my x-wife (as of yesterday) in a dress that she wore to a witness wedding last year - it is COMPLETELY immodest in the eyes of dubs, but nobody complained to me because I was their favorite elder and they liked my wife... I have witnessed first hand other "sisters" who were not married to elders or were considered "weak" wearing dresses that were not 1/2 this provocative and they were read the riot act for being so worldly. There's always a double standard, and always an ulterior motive everwhere you turn in the good old "borg"

alt

• erandir
    erandir

How about a dress made with real spaghetti for straps. Yum.

• tinker
    tinker

I was told one time.....Looooong ago......no spaghetti straps but lasagna was OK.

something to do with no bra vs lasagna could cover the straps......sicko's to even be thinking about my bra.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

If witlesses were still allowed to have a beach party, they would see far more naked flesh than this.

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit