by roybatty 49 Replies latest jw friends

• peacepipe
    peacepipe

tyydyy:
    you betcha!

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

WHAT A GREAT THREAD!

Seriously, you guys - I have NEVER been to one of those ex-Dub "gatherings" (lol - dontcha just HATE that word?), but if a group of us from THIS board ever hooked up like that, I would DEFINITELY be there! I think that'd be a real hoot. Of course, it may be a logistical nightmare.

When and where shall we plan the next APOSTOFEST (tm)?

New York, maybe?

--Michael

"Any day spent NOT knocking on doors is a good day!"

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Michael,

There's one kinda in the works for early November in Toronto, in case you're interested!

Dana

"...I'd walk with my people if I could find them..."

Third Eye Blind, Deep Inside of You

• Xena
    Xena

I still think we should use the name of Naeb's cartoon and call it

SINFEST

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

Safe, thanx! The Great White North, eh? In November? Woo-Hoo! Beer and back bacon for breakfast! Toronto is just a hop, skip & a jump from NYC. Has there been positive response? Who's coming so far? Will Xena and PLH be there with their shower set-up?

Xena, I like the SINFEST idea - but then again, I expect that from you

--Michael

• Xena
    Xena

Michael are you flirting with me???? lol

So I take it you are in New York City (brilliant deduction, huh?)?? You have one of those really cool new yorker guy accents??? just wondering so I will know how to recognize you at the SinFest...since you don't have a pic.....

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Michael ,

Don't know many details yet...there was some discussion about either the first or second weekend in November. If held, I would assume the regulars will be there: Peterstride (who is the organizer, usually), Expatbrit, Moxy...also, HadEnough, maybe Outnfree, and I'm probably going to fly up from Florida for it. I don't know who else but I'm sure there are others. Um, I doubt Harmony and Xena will be there, sorry but we can always hope!

If you're serious about going, email Peterstride and let him know; he'll keep ya updated.

Dana

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

XENA:

Yes, of course I'm flirting with you! Flirting is healthy And yes, I'm in New York - you are quite astute (at least, I assume your ass is tute, LOL). But I don't think I have a thick New York accent - I was born in Connecticut, but grew up in Northeast Florida, out in the boonies. I'm amazed I don't have a Southern accent (like a lot of my brothers & sisters & extended family do). Which brings me to...

SAFE4KIDS:

Where in Florida are you? Ever hear of that armpit Putnam County, Interlachen? That's where I grew up (still a Gators fan, too!).

Thanks again for the info on Aposto/Sinfest. I may have to be in Baltimore during one of those weeks, & cash is a little tight right now, but I'll get in touch with Peterstride for the deets. Later...

--Michael

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

HERE WE GO GATORS, HERE WE GO!!

WE ARE THE BOYS FROM OLD FLORIDA, LA LA LA LA, IN ALL KINDS OF WEATHER, WE ALL GET TOGETHER....

ORANGE!
    BLUE!

*sigh* I love the gators! Did ya get to many games Michael? They're the best!
    I'm near Tampa now, grew up in Polk County, the other armpit! and I don't have much of a southern accent either; must be all these northerners here!!

Dana

• roybatty
    roybatty

>>ok, Roy you let it slip so you gotta tell the story!!
    This is part of the meeting, speaker calls on Roy to relate his uplifting (no pun intended<<

Yup, true story. Jeez, I must have been 18 or so working with another "brother" in a pretty nice area. I remember walking up to the door, knocking on it, and it being opened by a fairly good looking young lady. But behind her at the top of the stairs was standing a fully nude woman. I went through my presentation (without a hitch) all the while my mind was screaming "THERE'S A NUDE WOMAN STANDING IN FRONT OF ME!!" The clothed householder listened to me, all the while grinning and politely turned down the magazines.
    I wish I could say something else happened, oh well. Needless to say, that territory card was always checked out!! lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit