bookworm?

by John Doe 36 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

I was just counting, and I've read 16 books over the last three months, not counting text books. Average length is 550 to 600 pages, which means I've read 8800 to 9600 pages this summer, plus another 1000 or so of textbooks, plus all the online bs I read. Think I'm going to wear my eyes out? Or, is that an average amount?

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

When you hit 40, you will need reading glasses no matter what. Whether you read or not.

Unless your near sighted. Then you will need glasses to see far.

Everyone gets glasses at 40.

• erynw
  • monophonic
    monophonic

any book recommendations?

• return visitor
    return visitor

You need to get out more.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Any on narcissism?

• greendawn
    greendawn

You seem to find a lot of pleasure in reading, it's a good pastime, a lot of people don't like reading at all. Reading, even a lot, with abundant light doesn't harm the eyes.

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

I have a couple of awesome reads:

"Marley & Me" by John Grogan

"The Power of Intention" Dr. Wayne Dyer

"Crashing Through" by Robert Kurson

These three books, you can't put them down

LINDA

• oompa
    oompa

Average? Are you kidding me? You just read more than the average American does in a lifetime.

good for you...oompa

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

I probably read almost that many as well. I have a cool job that allows me to read all day. I used to hate reading until I realized it was "what" I was reading that turned me off to reading. Now that I can read what I want and not the boring, over my head WT & A rags, I love reading. I find myself either buying books through Amazon or Barnes & Noble every month. Sometimes on the avg. of every two weeks it seems. I've been reading all kinds of things from classics to non-fiction from mystery to self-help from religious to New Age and from college books to biographies. My interests keep growing. I'm not limited/restricted anymore. Hallelujah!

LINDA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit