What is your favorite Simpsons episode?

by Lloyd Braun 26 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    The one where Marge and Lisa go out to get a new door bell and then the Jehovah's Witnesses come to their door. But they don't ring the bell.

Didn't one JW say to the other, something like, "Why are we doing this? Let's stop
    bothering people."

• erandir
    erandir

Well, let's see...out of nearly 20 years of episodes, I have to decide which one is my favorite? Hmmm...

The one where the Springfield dam bursts and all the water comes rushing down the street past the Simpson's house. Then at the tail end of the water comes floating Ralphie in his bed. He wakes up in bed in the middle of the street and says, "I think I wet my bed."

• erandir
    erandir
    The one where Marge and Lisa go out to get a new door bell and then the Jehovah's Witnesses come to their door. But they don't ring the bell.
    Didn't one JW say to the other, something like, "Why are we doing this? Let's stop
    bothering people."

There is another where Marge is feeling down and she is relating to Homer how she was so lonely that a couple of JW's stopped by and she talked to them for hours. She got up to get some lemonade or something, but when she got back, they were gone.

• sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine

Homer - "Sanctuary!! Sanctuary!!"

Priest - "I wish I never taught him that word"

"But I don't even believe in Jeebus!". Seconds later, "Save me Jeebus!!!!!" Classic.

Hard for me to pick a favorite, as I'm a complete fanatic for this show. Everything from about season seven on is excellent.

The "Behind The Laughter" documentary was a standout, though.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    bothering people."

Yeah I think so!

I don't remember these other references. Going to have to get the season dvds. :D

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

I like the cult episode.

"Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah LEADER!"

Homer: Marge, when I join an underground cult I expect a little support from my family.

[The Leader Chant]
    The leader is good,
    the leader is great.
    We surrender our will,
    as of this day.

http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Joy_of_Sect

• sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine
    I like the cult episode.

Leader(after his 'spaceship' crashes on Cletus' porch): "You don't happen to need a religious leader do you?"

Cletus: "Nah, but I'll take them bags of money you got".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit