Official protocol for DF family member

by ellderwho 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I have a friend who daed himself in 1997 and his families reaction is one of the most extreme I have ever heard of- they have gone beyond not only the scriptures but the organization policies themselves. It is a tragic case of the WTS tearing a family apart. Well, since he da’ed himself his mini servant son, pioneer daughter and wife COMPLETELY cut him off. His son is married with 2 kids who he has never seen since. NO CONTACT at all. Roy’s daughter has only contacted him once- last yr via mail. In replying to a letter Roy wrote her telling her he will always love her and his door is always open to her she told him that he is dead to her and she chooses to hear nothing else from him. They also cut off completely Roy’s nonJW parent who they were very close to prior. Yes they cut off his nonJW parents. They never visited Roy’s dad when he was sick and went to the nursing home either, even though it was only a few miles from where they lived. He never saw his grandchildren or great grandchildren. When he died 4 yrs ago they sent Roy’s mom flowers, and Roy’s daughter called her grandmother once. That was it. One day last yr- for the first time in 9 yrs or so Roy’s son Tim stopped by his grandmas house to tell her he loved her, and if he could do it again he would have done things differently. He told her he’d come by to see her with the kids…but never did. About 3 months ago Roy called his son and left a message on his machine to go see his grandmother. Tim called his dad back- first contact in 10 yrs…and told him he loved his grandma but blamed his dad why he didn’t go see he. Finally Tim told his dad he would call her and go see her. He called his grandma and told her he would come by with his family and see her…and of course, never did. Last month Roy’s mom became terminal with cancer and was given a few months to live. Roy’s son Tim went to see her last week- and told her he would come back with the kids…another lie. His daughter decided she will not go see her grandmother whom she was so close to but sent a card:

"Dear Grandma,

I just want to let you know that you have been in my thoughts and prayers. I was so sad to hear that you have been in the hospital. I want to thank you for all the special times we shared. I think of you and all the fun we had every time I see a bus drive by or I pick up a penny off the ground. I love you and I look forward to spending forever with you in paradise making up for lost time. We have shared many wonderful memories together and I look forward to making many more.

Love,Christina.

Sick huh. Her attitude is who cares, you’ll be resurrected anyway. They are so paranoid of seeing their father. If they have the truth what are they so afraid of?? I think grandma wanted to see her grandchildren and great grandchildren now…not wait for the JW version paradise that has been around the corner for the last 120 yrs.

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Thanks for all the replies, Mom sent me an email that totally missed the whole point I was trying to make. Which is par for the course. It really comes down to the rules, an she'll just maniputlate the ones she needs to paint the Org in the rightful light.

And pretend there lovingly in place for ones on good

EW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit