Media Dept London HQ - UN Letter

by Celtic 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Celtic
    Celtic

Hawk was most helpful in supplying letter to the board here a day or so ago re: WTBTS membership of DPI UN.

I rang the media department in London today who said that they were well aware of the letter and its contents.

Asked why the organisation seems to be in contradiction to its litureture the WT and Awake, concerning the beast of Revelation, I was told by the department that the Society has NEVER been affiliated to the UN. The only reason why they belonged to the DPI was to access their, (the UN), library resources.

I asked if the comments (non-affiliation) could be sent to me via email. I was told that that was not nessarsary as the UN had already supplied information. I then replied that as they have already admitted the contents of the letter to be true over the phone to me, would they please now do so in writing. A refusal was given.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Yes, it would seem that they have been using the UN membership for their library card. But what else?

John 15:17-19

17 "These things I command YOU, that YOU love one another. 18 If the world hates YOU, YOU know that it has hated me before it hated YOU. 19 If YOU were part of the world, the world would be fond of what is its own. Now because YOU are no part of the world, but I have chosen YOU out of the world, on this account the world hates YOU.

Slipnslidemaster:"It is always the best policy to tell the truth, unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar."

- Jerome K. Jerome

• JT
    JT

"they have been using the UN membership for their library card"

Now this is so FUNNY just think- God's Visible org needs to use the VAST resources of the UN library- now that is funny

keep pulling for straws guys- you see on the surface it sounds fine

but the question that must be asked is - __IN the years that followed them signing up for thier "Library Card" what did they have to do to keep thier card CURRENT

we all know now - write those SOFTBALL ARTICLES

can you really believe that all they wanted was a library card and for a library card they softened up thier message about the UN

can you spell COMPROMISE

SMILE

jAMES

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

The WTS "spin" is disgusting.

This is not a library card. This was an OFFICIAL UNITED NATIONS PASS that was granted to them with special clearances etc.

Remember to be "associated" with DPI they had to disimentate UN information to its flock showing the good programs the UN has plus the WTS agreed to support a UN Charter that talks about military options being okay in certain situations (Chapter 7). Gee, I wonder what those JWs who were (like Msil) and still are stuck in prison (Singapore and Greece) over refusal to do manditory military duty all the while the WTS "voluntarily" solicited the "beast" think about this. Gee, I wonder how those Witnesses in Malawi, Africa, who couldn't get a 25 F___ing cent political party card feel about this? And, oh lets not forget those 600 to 700 Witnesses who were killed by the Nazis - they must feel just so happy - not.

But hey - no big deal right Watchtower? You Sick bastards!!!!

hawk

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Hawkaw...you shouldn't beat around the bous so much....just come right out and say what you feel!!!

((((hawkaw)))

BITE ME, WATCHTOWER!!!

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

Folks:

As I have evidenced with numerous posts,w/links in Hawkaw's big thread, the UN Association was just one of many acts of forncation with governmental and non-governmental groups over the past 10 years, in their attempt to politically influence such groups to intercede in their behalf with opposing governments.

The WHORETOWER has been riding the BEAST like a cowboy in a rodeo for many years now!

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

I think it is clear to them that they have brain dead members for the most part who will accept any explanation. They have been through this before and understand that brushing off the few that question them is in their best interest.

Personally, I find their explanations highly insulting and most likely dishonest. I hope any thinking members they have remaining are also insulted and view this as a wake up call. The arrogance is disgusting.

Path

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

I also think this Paul Gillis is completely incompetent as a Public Affairs spokesman. His comments seem to be fraught with screwups and back tracking. At least Pallechia and J.R. Brown say things that come across as remotely believable.

Path

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Path,

I also think this Paul Gillis is completely incompetent as a Public Affairs spokesman.

Gillies is a slick politically cunning man, and very competent at what he does.

The problem is you can't build a paradise on flat champagne if you catch my drift.

HS

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

Sadly, I have to agree with Path. The Rank and File will swallow this hook line and sinker. Of course, most would desperately swallow anything from Mother like obedient little children. It's sad, but true. They've probably been waiting with bated breath for anything--ANYTHING, that would excuse Mother's harlotry, no matter how absurd (mummy wasn't REALLY fornicating with the beast, you just THOUGHT you saw her on his back--you must have been dreaming, hush and go back to sleep, there, there--daddy's coming soon to kill all those baddies who try to make you think mummy's riding the beastie--AND he'll kill the beastie too)
    I, too, am sickened at the expendability that the brothers in Africa apparently had in the eyes of the WTBTS during the 70's regarding the political cards. When such ones were martyred, they were "gladly doing their Christian duty" (remember the vomitous stories & speculations that Jehovah probably caused them not to feel pain after a few torturous blows--then they could assuage all our white, american consciences? It's called endorphines, and it takes an INCREDIBLE amount of pain before the brain reaches that near catatonic like state) Oh, but--ask a few J.W.'s in a small town in Ohio, U.S.A. to wear ID badges when canvassing private residences with propoganda--and "PERSECUTION!! PERSECUTION!! Our rights are being violated!! We won't stand for this!"
    sickened,
    B.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit