Watchtower Custom Prints Bibles for Babylon (1992)

by cabasilas 31 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

The website for the Thailand Bible Society is here:

http://www.thaibible.or.th/

It's in Thai. You can see their logo in English in the upper left hand corner. The logo has a cross in it. It is not a JW corporation.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

thank you.

i gotta tell you, this one made me gasp out loud. very hypocritical

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Watchtower-1986-March-15-p.12 According to Watchtower doctrine, ALL other religious organizations are "apostate" including the Thailand Bible Society! Yet, hypocritically, the Watchtower not only "reads" the content of their literature but manufactures it as well! Doesn't the two words, "no dealings" mean what they say? If the Watchtower found out that some brother had a printing company and was publishing Bibles for the Thailand Bible Society, it would not take long before a judicial committee would be gathered.

Have No Dealings With Apostates

7 Now, what will you do if you are confronted with apostate teaching—subtle reasonings—claiming that what you believe as one of Jehovah's Witnesses is not the truth? For example, what will you do if you receive a letter or some literature, open it, and see right away that it is from an apostate? Will curiosity cause you to read it, just to see what he has to say? You may even reason: 'It won't affect me; I'm too strong in the truth. And, besides, if we have the truth, we have nothing to fear. The truth will stand the test.' In thinking this way, some have fed their minds upon apostate reasoning and have fallen prey to serious questioning and doubt. (Compare James 1:5-8.) So remember the warning at 1 Corinthians 10:12: "Let him that thinks he is standing beware that he does not fall."

Cheers! Atlantis-

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Thanks, Atlantis, for that quote.

Kind of odd, but tonight I was thinking back to working in the bindery at Brooklyn Bethel in 1973. One of my memories is seeing a special print run of Portuguese Bibles with a plain black hardcover binding. I'm thinking I was on nights and this would have been early 1974. By normal standards this was not a large print run. I'm guessing just a couple thousand. I didn't work directly with this job but I remember a few of us talking about it since the books did not look like the normal Bibles we produced. We didn't know if they were the New World Translation in Portuguese or not. Someone suggested they were a special run to use in smuggling Bibles into one of the Portuguese-speaking countries then under ban. Maybe it was, I don't know. But, I just remembered that tonight as I reflected on this Thailand Bible Society story. Just maybe this was another similar job done for another Bible Society?

I wonder if there are other ex-Bethelites here with similar odd stories?

• journey-on
    journey-on

The thot plickens.

• chasson
    chasson

Good Work Cabasilas... as usual !!! Bye Charles

• Hermano
    Hermano

Thanks for the post. I am not surprised.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

very interesting.

This is a tough one. On the one hand a JW would say how good it is for the WTS to print Bibles, and besides, some of them were for the Thai brothers. On the other hand it is very hypocritical, as the Watchtower makes very clear that any work for a Church (Babylon the Great) is a disfellowshipping offence.

• greendawn
    greendawn

True it's the hypocrisy of the act, cooperating with Babylon the Great as they see all other religions when the R&F and strictly forbidden to do so. Otherwise no one would have cause to find faults in them for working with the Thais to print Bibles.

Much worse was their action to cooperate with Swaggart for financial reasons to save money from the taxman. Meanwhile their members feel completely cut off from all other religions.

• rosa
    rosa

Is the NWT the better translation ever made? Why not sent NWT in Thai to the Thailand Biblical Society?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit