For those who still have a tinge of spirituality left:

by PinTail 12 Replies latest jw friends

• PinTail
    PinTail

"Blessed are the meek For they shall inherit the earth."

Matthew 5:5.

"The Century Dictionary defines meek as 'self controlled and gentle; not easily provoked or irritated; forbearing under injury or annoyance.' Webster defines meekness as 'submissive to the Divine will; patience and gentleness from moral and religious motives.' "

"The reward of this grace,....like the others, is future;....these shall be heirs of God, joint-heirs with Jesus Christ; and the earth is part of that great inheritance, which in turn, by Divine arrangement, they shall bestow at the close of the Millennial age, upon the world of man kind."

"If my people who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14.

"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace." Colossians 3:12 & 15.

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." 1 Peter 5:6-7.

"Then he continued, "Do not be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day that you set your mind to gain understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to them." Daniel 10:12.

• zeroday
    zeroday

Sorry tossed God overboard when I left the BORG... I have no need for him or his so called holy books...

• PinTail
    PinTail

That is ok Zeroday I have been where you are and fight everyday to keep my head above water sort to speak. The only true peace I have ever found that is honestly peace for me is to take hold of some sort of semblance of spirituality, I guess for me I am hungry for it.

• PinTail
    PinTail

By the way this is not Jehovah's Witness's thinking on matters.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I can sympathise w you, pintail. Spirituality, however, transcends mind attitudes, beliefs and feelings. It involves your spirit. Do you believe that you have one?

S

• greendawn
    greendawn

I also agree with you pintail but others have found it easier to accept atheism as the right way of thinking.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Spirituality, good.

Religion, bad.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff
    can sympathise w you, pintail. Spirituality, however, transcends mind attitudes, beliefs and feelings. It involves your spirit. Do you believe that you have one?

S

Well said. Maybe the OP should have written tinge of christianity, versus spirituality, I consider myself spiritual, but not christian.

• JK666
    JK666

Thank you for your condescending subject title!

Yawn!

Thank you for judging everyone but yourself. You should be so proud. Those who are spiritual do not have to blow a trumpet in front of themselves . . .

JK

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I have lost most of the meek and mild spirit I used to have. That spirit made me captive to a lying religion for most of 4 decades.

I am spiritual though, just more aggresive than I used to be in such things.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit