Experiences of bethelites from around the world

by ldrnomo 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• Ex Nihilo
    Ex Nihilo

^ That made me smile ear to ear.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

A friend at Bethel, Walden Chin, who went on to become a CO and DO of dubious reputation, was a notorious G-Jobber when he was there.

My nephew, at the Farm in Wallkill, told me about brothers coming into their rooms and going through their CD collections and questioning them about their music. What made it so pathetic was that they would condemn music that they knew absolutely nothing about just based on their impressions of CD names, etc.

Ugh.

"There were only two benefits. It was a great place to meet sisters. It opened my eyes to the fact that Holy Spirit does not direct the Watchtower Society and that there is no such thing as Watchtower spirituality, the Watchtower is all about old fashioned corporate growth."

I found that the most cynical and often the most likely to leave the Witnesses, were former Bethelites. Seeing behind the screen at the real workings of the WTS was very depressing for many.

S4

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

I entered the sanctuary in fear and trembling, feeling unworthy...

I went out in glowing despair.

That was worth it.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

(Double post again.)

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I certainly agree on the hatred of anything or anyone outside the organization. It's like everything gets dumped into the trashcan labeled "satan's system of things".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit