any pagans on board?

by BlackSwan of Memphis 78 Replies latest jw friends

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Here's some cool info:

Here's some cool info:

http://www.songsouponsea.com/Promenade/CourtD.html

Wow now that was interesting. Thank you Nvr!

I am a pagan at heart. Always have been.

can there be such a thing as a pagan atheist?

Ipsec, absoloodilydoodily! I believe you may want to consider looking at the pantheist philosophy. No gods in that one if I'm not mistaken, but it has a very whole naturalism type of philosopy at it's heart.

I've read Solitary Witch by Silver Ravan Wolf. Does that make me a pagan?

Hey I have that book and I found some of it helpful. Does it make you a pagan? Uhmmmmm sure why not!

the Kabbalah couldn’t agree more with scrapping all our ideas and notions about God. As it is written, "there is no aspect anywhere to search or probe; nothing can be known of it, for it is hidden and concealed in the mystery of absolute nothingness." 9 Indeed, in my estimation, Kabbalism is more a religion for heretics and atheists than for those who profess faith in God. As the great Kabbalist philosopher, Rabbi Abraham Isaac Kook once said, "There is faith that is actually denial, and there is denial that is actually faith." 10 In other words, according to the Kabbalah, denying the existence of God is the same as having faith in God, so, paradoxically, it is possible that agnostics and atheists are Jewish mystics unaware.

Nvr, hey now this is interesting. Might you have a link to accompany? I would be most interested to read the surrounding text if it is available.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Nvr, hey now this is interesting. Might you have a link to accompany? I would be most interested to read the surrounding text if it is available.

http://cliftonunitarian.com/toddstalks/kabbalism.htm

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Thank you! Going to read it right now.

• forsharry
    forsharry

I like to think that I am the founder of my own religion. I'm the Pope, the Big Cheese, the CEO. I believe what I believe, no one has to agree with me or even understand me, but the fact that some people do is nice (either that or it means we're all screwed. ;)

"You can't get divorced! It's against the Catholic Relgion." "Fine then...I'll start a new religion. And We will call it...the Psychotic Bastard Relgion." "How about Church of England?" "Church of England it is."

Joking aside...Do what ye will, an it harm none is what I try very hard to live by. The golden rule is in most 'organized' religions...I just choose to practice the most important rule without all the trappings of the people.

• bigwilly
    bigwilly
    "You can't get divorced! It's against the Catholic Relgion." "Fine then...I'll start a new religion. And We will call it...the Psychotic Bastard Relgion." "How about Church of England?" "Church of England it is."

Nice! Love the Eddie Izzard!

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

I'm an eclectic pagan, incorporating elements from Whole Earth Science, Wicca and Zen, among others.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    How long have you been on the Druid path?

I think I always have, I just didnt realise it or have the terminology to define it.

About a year in practice though - although it feels much much longer.

I am in the Order of Bards Ovates and Druids - one of the largest Druid orders with a huge community of likeminds!

G /|\

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

After I left the jaydubs, I became a Unitarian Universalist. While hanging out with them, I was introduced to Neo-Paganism. Wicca didn't do much for me – I gradually realized that what I was looking for was not a new pantheon, but power over my life – spiritual power. I finally found it in hoodoo, which is an old African American system of folk magic practiced by Christians.

So now I am attending a Spiritual church, the last of its denomination in my area. While it is fairly evangelical in its theology, it is also hoodoo-friendly. At the first service I attended, the pastor at one point prescribed a series of candles for a parishioner to burn to solve a major problem in her life.

I think a lot of the evangelicalism may be fairly superficial, though. In just the past few weeks, I have heard the pastor say things like, "we are all Lords," "I don't know why some Christians think meditation is demonic," or "If you ever meet an unfriendly spirit, just demand: 'Who are you?' – just like Jesus did." I have also heard the pastor say "Hell is real," and then drop the subject. But, to be fair, I also heard the same thing in a Baptist church last year.

Tomorrow, they're having their annual Harvest Feast, also known as the Fruit Feast – a celebration of both the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5: 22, 23) and the spirit of the Black Hawk, a Native American spirit who was long ago adopted as a guardian of members of the church and a helper for those in need and those who are trying to reconnect with unknown ancestors.

gently f eral

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

<<<<<< PAGAN all the way, baby!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit