My District Convention pioneer experiences- I fed my kids from the gutter?

by Witness 007 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

How can you all be so callous? These people are engaged in a life saving work. Let them eat from the gutter and have pumpkin colored excretions. It's all to the honor of the true God Jehongry. W.Once

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Get a job you bum, your kid's live in the western world and their eating from the gutter!!

I can't think of a good story I have heard, but I remember reading one in an ancient
    JW yearbook. This guy was living in a shack in some poor country. His family did
    not have enough to eat. He was thinking of quitting the pioneer work and finding a
    job the next day. Suddenly a wild boar runs into his shack. He kills it, realizes he
    has enough food for a week, says he will continue pioneering because Jehovah
    will keep providing. Get a job you bum, your kid's live in a shack and they are eating
    only what runs across your path!!! Meanwhile, WTS is rich off your efforts.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Lol - road kill vegetables, nettles and any living thing that crosses path/cave...is it me or have I ventured into 'The Hills Have Eyes'? Lol

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Jehovah is getting lazy.....Whenever there were starving JW`s driving..They would always be behind a bread truck..And..A loaf of bread always fell off the truck!.....Truck drivers never close the back door of the truck,in case there`s a carload of starving JW`s behind him..LOL!!.....Now..Jehovah just leaves the food in a ditch???..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Lol Outlaw - Jehovah is just an opportunist?

You know what, I reckon we could construct one of these stories, leak it, and it would be portrayed as a FACT from the stage at an Assembly.

I'll start...I was a pioneer living in a high rise block, 14 storeys up and starving...I was praying for nourishment and suddenly a pigeon flew through my window...clearly redirected from its current flight path by Jehovah...next poster lol...

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

The Yearbooks are FULL of these examples of "Jehovah providing." I remember one where a family had nothing to eat...until an armadillo walked past there house. Others of pioneers enduring freezing accomadation...e.g " While sleeping their hair froze to the trailer they lived in." Meanwhile Rutherford lived in Bethsarim sitting by the pool...sipping from a bucket of whiskey, eating doughnuts from Sweden....not far.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    I reckon we could construct one of these stories, leak it, and it would be portrayed as a FACT from the stage at an Assembly

It would probably be printed in the awake as well MC. I'm sure a lot of those stories are made up anyway.

Perhaps you could email your "experience" to Brooklyn, they'd love it.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Hey, fullofdoubt - fancy it? I'm up for it

• eclipse
    eclipse

If I was god, I would be insulted by those people that said that.

Surely god could provide more than just gutter veggies??

Like WTF!!!! If god has the power to provide gutter veggies, why not provide FRESH FOOD to*poof* magically appear in the cupboards and fridge!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I remember one experience... this one pioneer needed a new mattress. Don't remember why, perhaps she pissed in it or something. Then, magically while out in service, on the road, there was this brand new mattress still inside the mattress bag that apparently fell out of a turnip... er furniture truck. Praise Jah! The pioneer lived happily ever after. The End.

Forgive me if my details are kinda really fuzzy. I've been out for over 11 years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit