Our PO just confess to one of us: He doesn't believe anymore

by outofthebox 84 Replies latest jw friends

• R.F.
    R.F.
    Be careful. That's very out of the ordinary for a PO to do even if he's having his own doubts. Something smells fishy here.

My thoughts exactly. Approach with caution.

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

Watch yourself outofthebox. If the cognitive dissonance kicks in he will feel compelled to do his duty as a presiding-overseer and all your talking will come back to bite you in the butt.

I realize how awesome it would be to have an ally. And how satisfying it would be to help somebody out. But it would be much safer to keep your mouth shut.

Just nod and look serious. You can smile when your alone.

Lore

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233
    this would be awesome if it was true. i'm finding your posts very hard to believe. sorry.

I dont mean to sound direspectful here, so please excuse me if I am out of line, but has anyone else noticed the flood of newbies posting their first thread introducing themselves? I think it's great to have new members, but most of us joined JWD and lurked for a while before getting the courgage to be vocal. I guess it could be possible in light of recent events, i.e Barbara Anderson's CD and the Sept KM, but could something else be going on?

• greendawn
    greendawn

If it's genuine it's nice to see that someone high in the dub hierarchy can no longer live happily with the many JW absurdities. If so, most likely he will soon be one more joining the countless thousands of ex dubs.

• eclipse
    eclipse

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true.

• fedorE
    fedorE

IMO

So your out in the FIELD MINISTRY with the PO and he tells you he has doubts...OUT IN SERVICE?...whats wrong with this picture? He must really trust you. Are you best friends? Has he ever confided anything to you before that you had to keep confidential? If this is an attempt to getcha then its well on its way to working. Elders discuss who among them are potential apostates and you may have been chosen. Who knows. You need to go "fishing" by not saying anything to anyone. Nothing. Dont open your mouth to spread this. How did he know to talk to you? OF all ppl YOU?....Test the waters and tell him you were just blowing off some steam and see what happens in the future.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux
    I dont mean to sound direspectful here, so please excuse me if I am out of line, but has anyone else noticed the flood of newbies posting their first thread introducing themselves? I think it's great to have new members, but most of us joined JWD and lurked for a while before getting the courgage to be vocal. I guess it could be possible in light of recent events, i.e Barbara Anderson's CD and the Sept KM, but could something else be going on?

first off, your not out of line. i respect what you are saying, i'm just saying that it's hard for ME to believe a group of witnesses, become apostate, get vocal, have a group, and then has a p.o. confide in them. am i alone on this? if they are real, i think it's great. and i love when newbies show up. i am just questioning this.

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

BigD, honey..NO!!! I was AGREEING w/ you. I didn't want to sound awful, but I'm wondering if this OP is really, well, full of sh*t.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

oh, sorry.

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

It's OK, I still like you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit