100 Good Samaritans needed

by Trilobite 132 Replies latest jw friends

• Trilobite
    Trilobite

Two of this board's, and H2O's before it,long time and well known participants have fallen on desperately hard times. If they could set up pay pal accounts and enough of us could contribute say $20 - $50 per month it would help them though their hardship.

These two people have helped many escape from the WTS and I know for sure have given money and other material help to those in need, even when they could not afford it.

If you can help, send an email to: [email protected]

You need not include any particulars of who you are etc, just an indication that you could support this and how much you could send.

If it looks reasonable, I'll contact the two individuals, and if they are willing to set up paypal accounts in their own names we can take it from there.

I realize there will be some legitimate fear of scams but when the time comes to contribute I guarantee there wil be no doubt that the money is going to worth individuals.

Please do not email unless you are almost certain that you could and would do this for, say, the next 6 months. Few of us are well off, but there are a lot of us here and if we could all contribute a little to demonstrate that we look after those who the WTS has hurt.

Thanks,

T.

• Introspection
    Introspection

This probably goes without saying, but even if some can contribute a lesser amount (but commit to it regularly) it would still work right? After all, every bit helps doesn't it?

• Trilobite
    Trilobite

Intro,

Of course. No dollar limits. I was just suggesting the total amount we need to get these guys back on their feet. $2K per month would probably be min. to keep them both going. 2K/100 = $20 each.

One response so far!

Let's make this thread bigger than the UN thread!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll keep track of the totals of how much and how many will contribute and keep posting it here;

So far 2 people and $55.00

T.

• Trilobite
    Trilobite

Wanted to include Preston's excellent citation in this thread.

Atheists at Ground Zero

To the editor:

I hope that the old out-of-town proselytizers in Lower Manhattan who approach those upset by terrorism will discover some local secular pleasures and stop preying on New Yorkers ("Delivering the Gospel to Ground Zero's Streets," news article, Oct. 18). Maybe they will learn toleration, and bring it home when they leave.

Also, contrary to the missionary who said "there are no atheists in the foxhole," we're right here. We donate blood, money and services to relief efforts. We mourn the dead and console each other without prayer services. And we don't need any more tracts thank you.

Josh Karpf
    Director, NYC Atheists
    NY, October 18, 2001

end of article

Also, I'd ad that the scarcity of atheists in foxholes says something about who starts and fights wars!

T.

• Trilobite
    Trilobite

$60.00 (3 people)

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Come on people. Lets show how much we really love our friends. I feel I know who one of there people is, that Trilobite is refering to, and I think you might also. If we were in their shoes we would want to be helped also.

I know you guys have hearts, but why not show these two people who need our help also?

Lilacs

"I don't want someone in my life I can live with, I want someone in my life I can't live without."

• hsmew
    hsmew

Lilacs,

Agreed! Bringing to top.

hs

• Celia
    Celia

Who is in trouble ? Is Farkel in trouble ? Who else ?
    I wished I could help, but budget is real tight.
    I play Powerball once in a while, haven't won yet !
    Is it why we haven't read anything from Farkel for a while ?

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Hi Celia,

I'm not 100% sure but I think Farkel is one of them. We need to help them if we can. Even if only $5 a month is what we can afford. Anything is better than nothing.

Lilacs

"I don't want someone in my life I can live with, I want someone in my life I can't live without."

• Introspection
    Introspection

Trilo I'm seriously a little confused about Preston's message here. Why does any of that matter? Regardless of whether someone is religious or not, people are people, and if they're in need they're in need.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit