Do You Know Any Hardcore Apostates?

by R.F. 21 Replies latest jw friends

• R.F.
    R.F.

Are there any very active apostates in your area?

I'm talking about the snarling, fire-breathing, district convention picketing, apostates that are an absolute nuisance to local congregations, and are very irritating thorns in the side of the Watchtower Society.

I don't know of any in my area but i've heard rumors of one group in particular that is well known and very active. If it's true i'd like to find out who they are.

How about you, do you know of any? Are you one of those that i'm speaking of?

R.F.

• tnangel73
    tnangel73

I'm not one. This reminded me, back when I was a JW, there was always this ad in a newspaper in the classifieds under "Special Notices." It stated that JW's are a cult and had a phone number to call for more information to a prerecorded message. This ad ran everyday. For years. I always wished that I had called the number. It'd been really funny if I had done it from the KH, I did have a key.

• Purza
    Purza

Not that I know of. A few years back I saw a woman wearing a sandwich board bashing JWs. I was still kind attending meetings at that time and I was afraid to approach her, but my boyfriend did. Apparently she lost her entire family to the dubs and was very bitter. So she went around the western states wearing the sandwich board whenever she could. She appeared very dedicated. Maybe I will see her again one day.

Purza

• R.F.
    R.F.

I think it would be interesting to see things like this in my area. I think it would be cool to see an active picketer at a District Convention here. Maybe I should give it a try.

R.F.

• R.F.
    R.F.

I think it would be interesting to see things like this in my area. I think it would be cool to see an active picketer at a District Convention here. Maybe I should give it a try.

R.F.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Instead of picketing at an assembly, I wish I could have a big neon sign up somewhere for all/many to see with alternating messages

Like: Jehovah's Witnesses Alert! . . . . . . .Blood Fractions OK now when banned before? . . . . .Organ Transplants banned before? . . ..

Jehovah's Witness' Children Alert! Alternative Service now ok-banned before . . . Did Jehovah change his mind or just mere men?

freeminds.org . . . . . .SilentLambs.org. . . . . . . .(the group about the blood issue - web site) etc . . . .etc. ....etc.

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

I long to be the hardest core apostate that has ever lived. I want to make Danny Hazzard look like a kitten.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

For now, I will stick to "informal" antiwitnessing and apostate blogs and posts. However, if they ever make the stupid move to recapture me, I intend to be the biggest cancer seed that congregation ever did see. I will write apostate messages and web sites in the literature I have to place. I will direct householders on studies and return visits onto every apostate Web site I can think of (including this one). I will cite that the real reason there is a ban on apostate literature is that the stuff reveals the real truth and busts the Tower's illusions. If they ever make that move, I will do all I can to make them regret it.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

There are a few in my area, and I think I only know one by name...

The rumor is that Horizon Christian Fellowship, a mile or two away from my house, was started by an apostate. The site does not corroborate that story (and I can't find any proof of that claim elsewhere), but at any rate, they have classes on how to deal with Witnesses at the door!

No one works a particular street in the territory because they know this guy who will come outside and follow them around, giving them a hard time.

There's a guy surnamed "Poachman" who was well known. He was described as being very quiet and always wearing a bowtie. This was many years ago (nearly 20, I think). I don't know what happened to him.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

When I was a kid there was a guy in our congregation who was engaged to a bethelite. She jilted him and he made a huge stink to the point that he was disfellowshipped. I don't remember all the details... I was a kid... He went to Brooklyn and picked HQ for years...

My mother was the one who brought him into the troof.

Coffee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit