My story- Here goes!

by Younglove1999 54 Replies latest jw experiences

• oompa
    oompa

Very well written story, and thanks for sharing it. It sounds like you have a lot more to come! You will find me envious of you as a couple, as my wife is freaking hard core JW and our marriage is being very badly affected by my current fade out of the org.

good luck! so fun to say now....oompa

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

True. I had to learn how this making-friends thing works, I got so used to showing up at the hall and recruiting them there! I like having to become more interesting to people, and engaged in life, for people to stay around. I like that it's making me a much nicer person.

• LearningToFly
    LearningToFly

Welcome to the forum YoungLove

Thank you for sharing your story.. it is so special that you and your husband were able to discover you are on the same page in how you feel, and how you want to raise your family. Enjoy your new found closeness...

LTF

• Nowman
    Nowman

Younglove,

Thank you for sharing your story and welcome. I have been DF'd for 15 years this October. I have a 10 year old daughter, an 8 year old son, and a 7th month old babie girl. They have never known about the JW life except for when I will tell a story. Its a wonderful feeling after I tell a story about when I was their age being a JW (if its appropriate, they do not the horrible stuff), and they look at me without any understanding. I think thats great, they are such happy little kids, and they have no understanding/comprehension of their mom having a childhood like that.

I am truly happy for you and your husband, your family. My note to you is about your daughter, in case you ever have doubts about raising your daughter without the org, its a benefit that you and your husband realized it before she was born. She can celebrate all her birthdays (but not limited to)!!!! Congratulations.

Nikki

• Younglove1999
    Younglove1999

More red flags that cemented my decision to leave- These were things I thought about that really convinced me that this wasn't for me.

One of the things that I laughed at was most recently at one of the last meetings we went to was the comment made by many that "many in the world seem to turn to religion when their depressed, yet as JW's when we're depressed, we stop going to meetings" the whole admonition was to not let that happen. Umm.. you think there's a reason why when life gets hectic and crazy that we stop going to meetings? Obviously they're a pain in the you know what- why is it that the "world" gets encouragement from going to church when they're down yet as JW's we get stressed from meetings when we're down?

I've spent so many years trying to figure out why I'm so prone to anxiety and getting overwhelmed, and now that I've stopped goign to meetings, a lot of my anxiety is gone. It's wonderful. And believe me, my life is "crazier" now with a baby and working full time and a new house to take care of. Before it was just me and my husband, a condo. Go figure right?

One of the things my husband and I laugh at is how the recent sale of our condo and purchase of our new house went.

Basically our condo sold within days and we got our asking price. We had to be out of the condo within 5 weeks and we wondered how we were going to find a place we loved and if we were going to be able to move in within the alloted time frame. We didn't want to end up living with my parents or my MIL if we could avoid it.

Turns out, we found a house that we absolutely loved! It was taken care of so nicely and move in ready, in our price range, etc. AND, the lady was already living with her fiance so she was totally fine with a quick closing date. Things move along smoothly, the inspection goes well, the loan application is underway and then we find out that because of the market, the house we're buying gets appraised significantly lower than the agreed purchase price. This means that the seller has to reduce the price and we get to lower our mortgage price. This resulted in us getting close to $8,000 cash back at closing! We were beyond excited! And the movers we hired (after all, if you're not going to meetings, you don't have the friends around to help move- LOL) did an awesome job and that came in $1,000 under budget.

AFter all was said and done, we just had an awesome experience with our move. Pre-fade, I guess we'd have said "good thing we're JW's, we were truly blessesd with this experience-afterall, in the world, things never move this smoothly"... riiiiiggght..

My husband and I joke and say "good thing we stopped going to meetings, Jehovah truly blessed us with such wonderful circumstances"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit