Idea to attract PUBLICITY to UN story

by Trilobite 15 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• blondie
    blondie

The media are less likely to care about internal JW doctrinal issues. Why do I say that? Because many of them are members of religions that they differ with doctrinally yet stay associated if only marginally. So to them a doctrinal point about the UN and the scarlet-colored beast is not very interesting.

But child abuse, there is an issue that cuts across ethnic, national, international, socio-economic, religious lines.

JWs cannot hide behind clergy privilege. Why? Because JWs pride themselves on the fact that there is not a clergy-laity divide as in other religions. They even point to this as part of the apostasy that invaded the Christian church.

They cling to the 2 eyewitness requirement for the abuse of children but not for adultery or fornication. All that has to be done is that 2 eyewitnesses see that 2 people of the opposite sex (or if of the same sex, one is a known homosexual) stay overnight together under the same roof. They did not witness the actual sex act in that case, but that is what is required from a child abuser to be found guilty in the congregation.

Again, each one must follow his/her own conscience and heart.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Trib,

I sent you an Email through Wendy. I have asked Wendy to give you my Email.

I assure you that I have convinced a certain good reporter to do a story on this. We have both worked together on another story. I have risked my career in going to my reporter friend with this story and I am telling you by the time "we" are done all of Canada will have been covered. I am also going to take your advice and talk to some radio people I know - but first things first newsprint.

I assure the big problem is the "war" stories.

But in my Email to you I have given you the "optics" of how the story will get going. Always ask why is the story important and news worthy. Bible examiner and I are rocking on this. I have also given you a bit of my history with the press.

Now just give me a week - okay. There are others that are also convincing reporters to do stories.

I have asked for this before when I was getting Hoeffel's letter for you. I need a little patience. Please give me patience and I will deliver for you in Canada - okay.

The goal is getting the UN to issue a press release and that will get other news folks interested.

hawk

• hsmew
    hsmew

blondie,

The three Guardian articles mentioned child abuse specifically
    because of hard work behind the scenes by some of us who saw that the UN story was a vehicle for the more important story. Why do you think Stephen Bates mentioned that specifically?

Why do you think this issu egot into the papers if there is no interest in it?

I have no idea why gender is relevant. The UN issue got the child abuse problem into the paper 3 times in 2 weeks. Why not write to the Guardian specifically about child abuse in the org? All you need do is comment on Mr Bates' article. You could have had the darn letter written by now!!!!!!

T.

• hsmew
    hsmew

Hawk,

Writing under alias since T is at the limit. Ok, great, thanks! I'll look forwrad to your email. Please note that this post is NOT about writing to reporters but about "preparing the ground" by showing a strong positive response to the Guardian articles by sending "letters to the editors."

T - smewed out for the day

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Trib.

Once you get my Email I will how you how the Canadian ground work is going to work. I will see about a letter to Steve's Boss.

hawk

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

I Think that if the UN realized just how much the WTS's view of non-believers are worthy of death, and saw pictures of the literature's depiction of buildings and churches destroyed and on fire, and people being killed with Jehovah's Witnesses looking on and smiling, it would have significant impression on the UN. Now during this time when the Taliban and religous fanatical terrorists are in the news, I think any religion with that kind of thinking, even if it is not actively acted out, would interest the UN. The teaching of intolerance to the members towards non believers, and shunning those who have left is especially a destructive way to teach the children within this religion. I think if the UN were privy to the graphic pictures of death and destruction and beasts with teeth they might view it as dangerous teaching to children, and lessons of hate. Just my opinion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit