You won't believe this: a KH turned into a church!!!

by observador 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Nice pics.

Happens all the time in our area.

Four come to mind immediately.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

WTS is not allowed to discriminate when selling property. They just sell it.

Okay, my JW drone answer is out of the way. Those cult leaders don't really
    care. They will join the UN or tell the governments of Europe that members can
    take blood transfusions without repercusions. They have used the pool at the
    YMCA in the past for baptisms, then later DF anyone joining the YMCA.
    They will print material that says they are disgusted with Christendom's sleeping
    with the whore of Babylon and not taking appropriate action against pedophiles
    in their midst, while they are hiding their similar actions. Of course, they will sell
    a Kingdom Hall to anyone. I know the ceilings aren't really high enough to make
    a good club, but I like to imagine somebody putting a pole on the platform and
    turning a former Kingdom Hall into a strip club.

• hubert
    hubert

Hey, That's my car in the parking lot !

(kidding)

Hubert

• hubert
    hubert
    They have used the pool at the

otwo, any documentation on this? I'd love to have a copy.

Hubert

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I know of at least 2 halls in Montreal that were sold and other churches bought and both were between 15-20 years ago

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    They have used the pool at the

otwo, any documentation on this? I'd love to have a copy.

I have no proof whatsoever. I only know that others say that it is a fact, they have been there.
    I read it at more than one source, but I can only find this one source. Note entry #36

http://www.topix.com/forum/who/jehovahs-witnesses/TR9BPFVHJ8SLEV8VI/p2

• choosing life
    choosing life

There is a kingdom hall in Michigan that used to be a church. You can tell by the type of design and it just looks like a church with the cross and steeple removed. Never really tried to change it much.

Where I live, I know of a kingdom hall that was sold about 20 years ago and became a Christian church. i guess it works both ways.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Suggested slogan for the new church:

Seeking Jehovah? Come in and meet Jesus!

Think the former occupants would get a kick out of that one?

• abbagail
  • abbagail
    abbagail

Great pics.

But that is one weird-shaped KH.

----------

As for churches buying KH's, I think it's great... the real Christians can come in and drive out the "doctrines of devils" ("seducing spirits"/NWT) that are assuredly lurking in the library and book counters.

----------

Years ago in South Beach in Miami, in my JW days, I attended a small little KH that had been a synagogue.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit