"Homebounds" sad, single, only-ever post here a month plus ago.

by oompa 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• oompa
    oompa
    hello all, yes i am still in, but man it's getting so hard to continue to give up my life , for something that's just not happening, my wife is pioneering, and i just cant contiue to do this. cost of living,gas, we sold our home 4 yrs agao. man that was a mistake. i just can't see wonderful people like us, all included dying for something we have no control over. I study, read pray, and it's just not happening. do any of you feel me?

I do. You feel nothing because being a dub doesn't work as advertised. Your mileage may vary. (This was SirNose586 reply to Homebound above). SirNose had cut and pasted Homebounds post and for some reason, (mainly since this poor guy is still in like me), I checked his profile and dang if this is not his ONLY post ever. I wonder just how many JW's, in the truth forever, family "strong", pioneering or an elder or whatever visit here are are probably in awe. Obviously they are depressesd. They see depression here too, but they see that some are doing much better in life. But where is "Homebound?" Do the curious Lurkers just read for months and months? Do they finally see a topic that makes them want to just BURST out and post, and then they feel so guilty they run away? I really sad for Hombound. feeling real similar....oompa

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I wonder just what percentage of the JWs have doubts and never verbalize them.

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

Oh, I think they ALL have doubts at one time or another.

It isn't being free of doubt that makes folks stay dubs, it's the mechanism they provide for suppressing doubt through stepped-up activity and the coercive blackmail they use to make you stay if suppressing doesn't work.

RD

• JCanon
    JCanon

J-dubs will continue to grow more and more frustrated as Jehovah opposes the WTS. They were thrown into "spiritual darkness" in November of 1992, so as more and more Bible truths come out that they are representing falsely, obviously the frustration will grow. Ultimately, the WTS will fulfill its namesake found in Revelation as "the false prophet" that is destroyed along with Christendom. When J-Dubs see their own organization destroyed along with the rest of Christendom, then they will feel a huge loss!

But for those who heeded Jesus' words, to study independently and to leave that "broad road" and follow the cramped and narrow road of direct belief in the Bible, not letting the Watchtower dictate over what the Bible says, then they find truth and contentment and a true spiritual paradise. The WTS ultimately is described as a barren wasteland without a single blade of green grass. So zero spirituality is coming forth. The members are feeling this. They feel like they are just going in circles with little purpose.

Those who seek their own understanding of the Bible are led to greater and greater truths, especially if they have enough faith in the Bible to correct the Bible's timeline and determine the real dates for major Bilical events during our time.

So I just wanted to say, for those who still actually believe the Bible (lots of X-JWs dismiss the Bible along with organized religion and their dismissal of the WTS) and push forward to Bible truth, we don't have the same frustration as witnesses waiting for this understanding from the WTS, which will not come forth. If you want to end your frustration, you have to leave the broad road and travel down the narrow path, which means INDIVIDUAL insterest in the Bible apart from the distortion of the WTS.

JCanon

• prophecor
    prophecor

Ever look in the member directory and see all those who've only posted briefly? Like less than 100 or even 50? Its like looking at an obituary column in the newspaper. Seeing all those who used to be alive. Makes me wonder, sometimes, what happened to them.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

It is sad... it's like they mustered up just enough courage to post...and then the fear and guilt took over and the borg swallowed them alive. We can only hope that they will find that courage once again. It's a long painful road for most of us. Makes me soooooo grateful that I'm out.

Coffee

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

How sad is that ?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Keep in mind, though, that this one-post wonder may have moved on, made some changes, and did something with his life. Another possibility is that this was his first shot at freedom, quickly squelched. In a year or two, he may be ready to try again.

Not everyone has the need or the desire to regularly post their progress here.

Edited to add: Another plus is that for every post here, a hundred are reading. Imagine how many fence-sitters read that, and thought, "Hey, that's me!" If a half-dozen readers then choose to make the leap out of the society, before they live with any more regret, how cool is that?

• oompa
    oompa

Jgnat, this is a good point:

Keep in mind, though, that this one-post wonder may have moved on, made some changes, and did something with his life. Another possibility is that this was his first shot at freedom, quickly squelched. In a year or two, he may be ready to try again.

Not everyone has the need or the desire to regularly post their progress here.

I kinda think that any JW who has even thought of coming to this site, much less actually been here and posted even once, already has had some switch flip on in his mind that will never be turned off. I have a feeling that people who tend to be more vocal in life, tend to share their concerns more with others, and that would include places like JWD. hope homebound still lurks.....oompa

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

It reminds me of bands I really like. I might post once or twice but then I move on to another band. More then likely these people finally push forward but just don't have time to post or don't care too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit