by greendawn 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Gaelic - both Irish and Scottish!

French

Polish

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

I love Italian, it's beautiful. I loved the movie "Life is Beautiful".

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

For speaking, I love the way Spanish, Italian and Portugese roll off the tongue (tho I have only ever taken Spanish and only know the naughty words in Italian)

For my style of music (metal/industrial) German brings an edge and agression in sound that is insurpassed IMO.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Cebuano.

One of the 77 Filipino dialects, and the one that my wife speaks.

It only took me 12 years, but.......I GOT IT.

• Gregor
    Gregor

The latin-based languages share so many words with english I can almost understand the gist of them and I do like the sound of them spoken.

The most interesting are the African dialects that use clicking sounds. I can't figure out how they do that!

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

eclipse:

Tamil

you beat me to that one dear. It is such a rapid fire language. The rules of the written language actually make some sense if you learn them..more sense than American English. Still Tamil is a complex, difficult language for a western tongue to master.

I went to the special convention last year in Germany and for 3 days sat in that language section (english was not available except for reports and GB talks). I loved listening to the talks (did not matter I could not understand what was being said from the platform....laughing at that now....those talks are all gibberish in ENGLISH!)

The South Indian culture is such a beautiful culture with such beautiful people. I still have some Tamil/English CDs and dictionaries, but no real reason to learn it anymore. As you know, at one time I had a vested interest in learning that language.....sighhhh.... One day I will go back to that land and really go sightseeing.....

SnakesInTheTower (of the "barely gets by in English" Sheep Class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit