God help me - Just finished Crisis of Conscience

by Orgull 49 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mum
    Mum

: I'm having that very problem. I've missed both meetings now since reading it. I don't know if I can face going back at all.

Orgull, my friend, you seem to be stepping up the pace of your fade. Those baby steps aren't working anymore, eh? Are you prepared for the phone calls and visits that might result?

Maybe you have chronic fatigue syndrome or need a long vacation (a change of air, as they said in the old days) and need to be left alone.

Can you handle direct confrontation, or do you need some space?

What do you think you're going to do next? Keep us posted.

Regards,

SandraC

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

You described exactly how I felt when I read it a few months ago. Beautifully worded.

• ninja
    ninja

I thought the most poignant moment in the book was when Ray quipped...."the bastards turned me over....I'm away for a booze up and then I'm gonna kick my uncle freddy's balls"......(by the way ...that may not have happened)

• 38 Years
    38 Years

I was shocked, angry and even hyperventilated a few times while reading CoC. But it opened my eyes and gave me the strength to walk out of the unhappy, brainwashed state I was in. When I was done with the book and made the decision I was quitting, I felt like a large, heavy, black cloud was taken off my shoulders. I was so happy my internal struggle was over. I was free.

It's been a few years since then and I enjoy life so much more now. Enjoy your life without guilt and unhappiness. Freedom is great!

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

First welcome to the truth about the "truth." It was a shock to all of us when we realized we where in a cult. Remember it took years to be brainwashed, it takes time to wash you brain clean.

Leslie

• Sassy
    Sassy
    After reading CoC, I feel like I just died. I also feel like I've just been born.

amazing feeling isn't it?

you really are just beginning to live.... life is wonderful outside of the box..

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

I admire your strength and conviction to read this book. I didn't read it until I was already out 10 years. And that was only after my daughter Miranda threw it in my lap. I already believed the WT didn't have the so called "Truth" but the book made a major impact on me.

• Sir jaylanie
    Sir jaylanie

Your shouldn't Read Apostate stuff.... LOL That a quote for Watchtower 03 blah Blah. That was a great read was it not!

• shell69
    shell69

Just ordered my copy of CoC. funny, i read through this thread that Ray said 'bas**ds did me over'

The last conversation I ever had with my mother, she stated that the elders had done everything they could to help me and 'was I attacking her faith?'. She walked out of thelives of my children and I.

I'm sorry to say I lost my rag and shouted after her... 'those bas***ds have shafted me over'

Shell

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

Welcome, It's wonderful to see another person has been freed from the brainwashing!!! When I first found out the truth about this organization it was like the rug was pulled out from under my feet, everything I ever believed and knew as truth, I came to realize was just a lie!! It was very scary in the beginning, but it only gets better and better! I am free now, and have helped many others free themselves from this lie! You have come to the right place, the people here are great!!! Many here believe different things (and disagree at times) but mostly we all support, and help each other, this is a true brotherhood !

I wish you the best in your journey!

IC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit