WTS comments UN case in Portuguese newspaper

by Osarsif 20 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Makena1
    Makena1

Anybody know if this interview had the sanction of Brooklyn???
    sure does not sound like it!

Makena

• outnfree
    outnfree

I didn't notice this information on the main WTBTS/UN/NGO thread and so wanted to bring it bttt, just in case Osarsif didn't see Mac's request.

Very interesting, indeed, to see how the branch spokespersons are reacting.

outnfree

Par dessus toutes choses, soyez bons. La bonte est ce qui ressemble le plus a Dieu et ce qui desarme le plus les hommes -- Lacordaire

• Osarsif
    Osarsif

[repeated from another thread]

The spokesman of the Jehovah's Witnesses in Portugal says:

"The registry as NGO was made only to be able to give humanitarian help and defend the human rights in several countries of the world [...] like Angola, Bosnia, Georgia, Rwanda [...] without the support of the UNO it would not be possible to distribute humanitarian help".
    (Source: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=14107 )

The spokesman of the Jehovah's Witnesses in Britain says:

"one of our legal corporations registered with the United Nations as a NGO (non-governmental organization) for the sole purpose of getting access to the extensive library of the United Nations."
    (Source: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=13530&page=13 )

So, which is it?

These JW public relations guys are a complete joke.

• OhHappyDay
    OhHappyDay

That's a good point,Osarsif.

The port. branch is actually in a mass.

The so called spokesman is NOT the usuall spokesmann inPortugal.

Do they know what they are doing????

Happy Day!

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Osarsif,

in order to help ...the

Bethel in Portugal, one should send them all

the Guardian's articles (...excellent ) and the

latest ...letter from the UK 's Bethel representative:

the famous Paul Gillies!!!

From now on HE will called "..Gillis the GREAT !"

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

" One who has an accurate knowledge
    of God's Word will have no problem
    in refuting false religious ideas".

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

Exactly my thoughts, Patio34. Their so-called great interest in "distributing humanitarian help" constitutes mainly of hawking their silly magazines, and recruiting more converts: "here you go, starving little war-shocked individuals, read two of these magazines and see us in the morning--oh, and we might throw in a little food, if we see you making adequate progress--but don't get too dependant upon it--once you're "in" and we can count you on our rosters, YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN!! and will then be expected to bring in more converts to distribute more magazines....and round and round we go--widows and orphans need not apply, we have far too many of those pesky things around as it is."
    I am actually disappointed that they withdrew their association with the UN, because I saw it as a sign of lessening fanaticism. I thought that the UN should be alerted to their "feelings" regarding the UN as reflected by their inane rhetoric, however, I honestly thought that PR saavy would rule the day and Brooklyn would acquiesce, and perhaps become a useful little religious corporation. I actually hoped that shunning might be eliminated once enought public attention was drawn to them.
    *sigh*
    Bridgette

• Nassau
    Nassau

The argument of Mr. Pedro Candeias is an insult to the intelligence of the readers and of the JWs (if they have any!). I know this man personally for many years and I could not imagine such kind of hypocrisy coming from this person. As Lawyer, I know the Chart of the UN and its principles and requisites to be met to be admitted in the NGOs official list. But is it not necessary to be a jurist to understand such regulations. Any common person can read it and be aware of the consequences to be part of the NGOs. I can understand the "mingle-mangle" state of mind of the members of the bethelhome in Carnaxide, Portugal. Such a mess and misgovernment when you take the Devil's side!
    Shame on those who have not the gut to defend the truth!
    A Loyal servant of Jehovah (not of the decadent Watchtower)

• Nassau
    Nassau

The argument of Mr. Pedro Candeias is an insult to the intelligence of the readers and of the JWs (if they have any!). I know this man personally for many years and I could not imagine such kind of hypocrisy coming from this person. As Lawyer, I know the Chart of the UN and its principles and requisites to be met to be admitted in the NGOs official list. But is it not necessary to be a jurist to understand such regulations. Any common person can read it and be aware of the consequences to be part of the NGOs. I can understand the "mingle-mangle" state of mind of the members of the bethelhome in Carnaxide, Portugal. Such a mess and misgovernment when you take the Devil's side!
    Shame on those who have not the gut to defend the truth!
    A Loyal servant of Jehovah (not of the decadent Watchtower)

• middleman
    middleman

I know this is an OLD thread but does anyone have a copy of that newspaper article? I'm in the process of making a rebuttal site to that Jehovah's Judgment UK site...

• teel
    teel

You know what they say: what happens on the Internet, stays on the Internet!

http://web.archive.org/web/20011119221025/http://jornal.publico.pt/2001/10/20/Sociedade/S05.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit