What do JWs think of Mormons?

by lavendar 23 Replies latest jw friends

• lavendar
    lavendar

Do they think the LDS church is a cult......or do they just lump them in with Christendom?

Thanks,

Lavendar

• R.F.
    R.F.

They're lumped right on in with Christendom.

• poppers
    poppers

Whenever Mormans visit me I bring up witless beliefs and watch their eyes get big. Then I point out the house two doors down from mine, where a dub family lives, and suggest they make a visit there while they are in the neighborhood - don't know if anyone has done that though.

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

Well when i was a dub i was taught that every 'christian' faith outside of the JW org was a part of 'Christendom' which is a part of Babylon the great. But the JW's have to be careful when accusing another religion of being a cult because they are well aware that their own religion is also under the same accusation by many others.

• lavendar
    lavendar

So, they never call any other "group" a cult?

• lavendar
    lavendar

Don't they believe there are cults?

• sspo
    sspo

Since they feel as strong about their beleif, the typical JW feels they have been brainwashed.

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

Yes they do believe their are religious cults but its not a term they often use. They prefer to talk about false religion in general putting the whole thing into one pigeon hole.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Part of the deluded mass of WRONG christian religions. I remember being a witness and being really jealous of mormons. A. Only the boys went door to door. B. They got their college education paid for. C. They had all kinds of youth programs. Sigh, you know yer in a cult when....

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

I think a better term used to describe the mormons or JW's even is a 'Sect' because this word is used to describe a breakaway from a mainstream religion which is what the JW faith is. A cult on the other hand is more used to describe a group of people that isolates itself from normal society and often has one person as the leader.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit