Israel Kamakawiwo'Ole.......big.....beautiful Hawaian music

by HappyDad 25 Replies latest social entertainment

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I got on a Dean Koontz kick and have recently finished the 15th book by him since January. In the one I just finished........he recommended the music by the late Israel Kamakawiwo'Ole. He said that it was very soothing and put him in the writing mood. Once I listened to Israel's version of "Over The Rainbow", I realized that I did indeed hear it SOMEWHERE! I have to agree WITH Dean Koontz. I have fallen in love with Israel's music and am going to get some of it. In the meantime.......YouTube has a lot of video of him and it is great to listen to. Forget his size........just enjoy a beautiful voice.

HappyDad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr-alr7P_qk

Just wanted to add......... I just listened to his version of Over The Rainbow again and have to say that listening to it just melts all the pressures and anxieties of my day. I hope it does the same for you.

• avishai
    avishai

Ahhhh, Bruddah IZ!!!

• Scully
    Scully

I first heard his version of Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World in the ER episode where Dr. Mark Green died. I've had that song in my collection ever since - it's on my iPod too. Most recently, I've heard it in a commercial for Rice Krispies cereal.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...................my JWD buddies to the rescue with all the answers!

That's where I heard it......................on ER!

Thanks Scully.

Daymnnn...........yins guys have all the answers.......or at least let me know where I heard something.

Thanks,

HappyDad

• Scully
    Scully

Here's the clip... for old time's sake....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKYRPdb-Rkw

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

I've always loved this song, I don't know why - it makes me happy but also makes me feel like crying too -- it's weird, there are a handful of songs that effect me like that - and this is one of them...also in my ipod, I listen to it often...his voice is just great.

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Happy Dad, THANK YOU! We used to listen to this guy all the time at my old job, and I always liked him. However, I couldn't find his music to buy, because for the life of me, I couldn't remember his last name.

• DJK
    DJK

Scully thats my favorite version of Over the Rainbow. I have the album and there are a few good songs on it. Hawiian Suppaman.

• RAF
    RAF

I love this song too ... First time I've heard it was at the end of the movie "Meet Joe Black"

• Shepherd Book
    Shepherd Book

IZ's "Over the Rainbow" can also be heard over the closing scene of 50 First Dates. I have a couple of his albums on my iPod, too - it's great stuff.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit