Just to let you know

by Rethinking 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• Rethinking
    Rethinking

I've decided to cut my ties with JWs.

I don't post here much as I've stated before, but you all don't realize how much I appreciate this forum and the support it gives.

• delilah
    delilah

Good for you, Rethinking. This is an awesome network of great and wonderful people here, who know what you are going through. We have all been where you're at. It might seem a little scary at first, but it gets easier and easier to cut those ties that bind.

Welcome, to the rest of your life.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Congrats. Good for you, and you are welcome.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Right on.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Well done on a sucessful exit strategy. Come when you can. Make yourself at home.

Your whole life awaits you.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Well that is great to hear. I am sure this is not as easy in actual life as it may be to type. If you ever need to type about it, we will still be here. Maybe we will see you at an apostafest. It is a big step, but it is as anonymous as you want it to be and a lot of fun and we tend to have lasting ties and make some longtime friends and family from there.

Decki

Happy for you!

• Eliveleth
    Eliveleth

Rethinking:

Welcome to the real world. We have been out 23 years and have never regretted the decision. Of course, we miss all our old friends and our son and his family and my sister and most of her family, but as Jesus said 'if we leave family (paraphrases) for his name then we will gain a hundredfold.' This has been true for us. The friends we have now are "unconditional" friends and not depending on us to believe the same as they do.

It is not easy, but we are much happier.

There are a lot of people out here that understand what you are going through and will support you in your decision.

• BFD
    BFD

I am very happy for you. As others have said, it ain't easy as I am sure you know. I hope your troubles are few and your rewards are plenty.

BFD

• Rethinking
    Rethinking

Thank everyone for your positive comments!

Actually, I have been thinking about doing this for some time now. It has been and is going to be difficult because it has been a part of my life for the great majority of it. But, the thing is no matter how big or small a lie is, it is still a lie and JWs continue to swallow them down. It kills me that they say they have the truth, but they wouldn't know the truth if it walked up and smacked them in the face. I think knowing that one thing alone will help me continue in my journey away from it all.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Wow, good news to make us happy. OR, the "Gospel of Rethinking" :) I hope this is a decision that yields only positive things for you.

Shelly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit