GB's member Gerrit Losch on college in Monza (Italy) in 2005

by Ancientofdays 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

So I have a question..... why the hell did the audience clap after he told the story of the young man shooting himself?

I had heard that story before and thought it was urban Borg legend. Is that 1988 AP article for real?

What a load of crap. Just as the Borg "praised" people back in the late 60's up through 1975 for selling everything and moving where the "Need Was Greater", they never actually said 1975 was "the end"...but they just kept up the rhetoric that pushed people in that direction of believe....and it sure seemed like it to people, such as my parents, who were dubs at the time....dad gave up a military career a few short years of retirement because of the 1975 hogwash...struggled financially most of the rest of his life. Probably the stress killed him early.

This reminds me of the things Ivan Pavlov did with dogs in his conditioned response experiments. Same with the Borg.....Keep exposing people to the same praise over and over for doing what they want, pretty soon they will do it without the praise....and they cannot explain why the quit their jobs and pioneer...they just know that "is what they should do".

SnakesInTheTower (of the "that guy Pavlov is a clever fella" Sheep Class)

PS... do you lurkers hear the bell ringing now?

• VM44
    VM44

Yes, it is a real story. I got the story from the New York Times archives.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=940DE5D91730F936A15751C0A96E948260

• watson
    watson

WAC...great new avatar!!

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

The guy who posted the original of this video with subtitles, posted it as a response to one of my videos on JW's and Education. Then the greek fellow has been in contact with me and I've assisted him in producing greek translations of my videos. This talk made me want to vomit. W.Once

• choosing life
    choosing life

They make it sound like going to college is immoral! Don't they realize how insane they sound to normal people?

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

So, the May 22, 1969 Awake is back in action, only this time, it's not in print.

• Word
    Word

Against the brain !

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

I don't get upset very often as it is not very fashionable and red is so not my color. However, I have ALWAYS taken exception to the anti-education stand of the JWs. My father is not a JW and wanted his children to have a college education. My mom was onboard and encouraged us to go to school. All of my siblings did not think getting an education was the christian thing to do as it showed you did not trust Jehovah to provide for you. So some of us went to university (locally of course) and some did not. However, all us kids pioneered for many years and everyone still is (except me, the fader and one other sibling). But why is it that the ones that went to school are always paying bills for the ones (none of us live at home with our parents) that did not? And when we give them money, its a blessing from Jehovah?

My dad is not happy about their choice and is always telling them that its not too late to go to school...but they are so wrapped up in the JW they would just rather ask for a handout (of course they don't see it as a handout). But they criticize those who choose not to pioneer even our own mother, who is extremely supportize of whatever we do and truth be told she has the perfect circumstances to pioneer but doesn't which makes me wonder how did all of us (its a lot of us) end up as long time pioneers, but also lets me know how smart my mom really is.

I got criticized for going to school, but at the time I made the decision the YPA book said it was a personal decision and my person decided to go...my mom didn't discuss any of this with the elders as she believes people tell the elders waaaay too much. My older sister was already a sophomore before anyone even knew she was in school and this was before the YPA book mentioned education being a person decision, so she simply told folks to talk to our dad if they had an issue.

Lack of education means a lack of exposure...the less people know the easier it is for them to do what "simon says" because they won't ask: Who is "Simon"? And why does he think he has the right to rule my life?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit