For those of you who have loved ones on the inside....

by Hermano 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• flipper
    flipper

Hermano- I know exactly how you feel. My daughters 20 and 19 are very difficult to reason with and the younger one will virtually not even talk with me because she thinks my ideas disagreeing with the organization border on " apostate ". Even though my convictions make sense. My older son 22 is out of the witnesses like me, my wife is not a witness so thats good. However, my older brother 60 a self righteous elder and older sister a self righteous ex gilead graduate won't even have me to their house, and I'm not even dfed, just stopped going 4 years ago.

All you can do as I do with my parents who have been jdubs 55 years, is try as one poster said to be patient let them come to you with doubts, and be respectful to them. Believe me it's hard, especially to those who are harda$$ witnesses. My mom and dad are respectful to me even though I left the witnesses, so my relatives are a mixed bag the way they treat me. I have been anti-witnessing to them carefully about the child molestation scandals and got a hearing ear from my mom on it, my older daughter was less convinced though. So dude, just keep trying , ask your wife subtle questions about whats happening in the news with the witnesses. Ask her how she feels about the molestation settlements. What is her take? Just some ideas for you

• Hermano
    Hermano

Thanks Mr. Flipper. We have had conversations. I can only say so much though and then I hear the door of her mind close shut.... Boy, it's tough to be patient sometimes!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit