Life on the doors now

by wherehasmyhairgone 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

Regarding the "a house cannot build itself" illustration, my response would be "houses are neither alive nor organic, but simply a constructed thing" followed by "organic, living beings build themselves every day, this is part of the definition of life".

• freeme
    freeme

i think 99% of the ppl are noninformed as always. nobody looks up info to destroy jw arguments if they arent affiliated to them.

• wherehasmyhairgone
    wherehasmyhairgone

am curious what your response would be for "a house cannot build itself".

Because I wouldn't know an answer for that.

This response is that, you are comparing an inanimate object to a biological system. One of the main tenants of evolution is reproduction, SO to compare something that can not reproduce to a living biological life form is a horrible analogy.

There is also a good one for the leaving a car to rust ( a nod to 2nd LTD, i.e simple to complex is not possible) although this isn't an argument you can mention to the cocky Christian that rust particles are actually more complex that the steel they came from., and also Ice crystals , and the list goes on.

With regards the house one, this is one they mentioned, and I ask is they have seen a house reproduce? if not why are they using a house? a living things can reproduce and further more makes errors when it does copy itself.

The response....... He looked around my yard at the trees and said, when you look around how can you not see that they had to be created? My response was that men used to look round think the earth was flat. They only way to know is to test the theory.

To which he said, well evolution has produced only a handful of claimed transitional fossils ( i remembered this from the evol book). To which I show'd him some book references that showed the thousands of fossils that support evolution. He moved off the subject at this point.

Steve

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

I don't know what it's like out there anymore, but I do know how I handle them at my door.

I have a sign on my front door that says "If you are one of jehovah's witnesses, leave now or I will let the dogs out'.

So far it has worked.

• jeanV
    jeanV
    i think 99% of the ppl are noninformed as always. nobody looks up info to destroy jw arguments if they arent affiliated to them.

I agree. JW's are important to themselves and to ex-jws only. most of the other people don't care, they have other things to think about. About taking doors, it seems there are still people responding, specially immigrants. most are probably apathetic, at least in the western world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit