The Diary of an Armageddon Survivor

by reneeisorym 20 Replies latest jw friends

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Great story. I have seen this before, but never get tired of reading it.

Fiction or non-fiction you be the judge.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Michael R. Pendley also wrote this gem: http://www.premier1.net/~raines/palliative.html

It was part and parcel of my leaving the WTS.

Snowbird

• Mum
    Mum

Thanks, renee and snowbird. Awesome!

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Thanks, renee and snowbird. Awesome!

You're welcome. All this time I've been thinking of you as Mom; I lightened my screen, and lo and behold you are Mum!

Snowbird

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I read this story about the Armageddon Survivor a while back and I hate to say it sounds very realistic and believable! The wonderful 'brothers' would become authorities having power over life and death. This is very scary! It reminded me of those New Outer Limits episodes. They have a modernistic or futuristic setting which starts out happy but ends up being a nightmare.

Some of the ones I remember are the one where somebody got a lifelike robot to be a nanny and it ended up with homicidal jealous tendencies; another one was about somebody having nano-bots injected into their body to cure something but which ended up turning the person into a freak. This person had sex with their girlfriend and the nano-bots got into her, etc. etc. Then there was the one about a world with no violence or weapons and it ended up being a disaster.

I don't know if the idea of a 'paradise' on earth would even be workable without direct and constant intervention from the supreme being. It would probably degenerate quickly into this nightmare scenario.

LHG

• Mum
    Mum

Snowbird: Yes, I am "Mum" because it is the way the English refer to mothers. My daughter and I are fans of a British TV show, Absolute Fabulous, and British humor in general. Back when I took that screen name, there were no Brits on the discussion boards. Apparently there was a time use fee for internet in the British Isles for a while. Now we have lots of them here, which is great.

Now we need more participation from Africa and Asia (alphabet issues, I guess); we have some Latin American posters, but too few. It will happen with time, I'm sure. It is great to gain the perspective of people everywhere on the planet. The internet truly is a wonder of the world.

Regards,

SandraC

• Cindi_67
    Cindi_67

This post reminded me of a talk I heard many years ago. I don't remember the title but I think it had to do with 500 years after Armageddon or something like that. It started off on a right note, but all of sudden started getting very disturbing. The brother graphically, gave details about bodies scattered all around, and one of the brothers recognized one body by the watch he was wearing. It was a brother from his congregation. Then a few years into the "new system", in a meeting that was being held, a brother was remembering his son, that didn't survive, and blaming himself for not training him hard enough in the ways of the "truth".

I could not believe my ears. I really thought I was the one hearing things. I had to tell my mom. I got out of that meeting feeling extremely depressed, but I didn't want to tell anybody how horrible I found that talk to be. I felt like that was the brother talking, because I couldn't believe that such discourse could have come from the Society.

You have a vivid imagination, and to give credit to God I really don't think he would allow the "new system" to be like that. In the words of the Society: "Just wait on Jehovah", try not to ponder too much into how Paradise is going to be like." I really hope that the Bible is true when it says, that we will not be able to remember the things of the past. And I certainly hope that, if it is real, Jehovah will not make anybody pick up bodies after themselves. Although, that is some have taught it will be.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I survived armegeaddon back in 75. It was very over ratted and a bunch of Wac Tower Hype. Gas prices went up a little. For about a month you had to wait in line to buy gas, maybe 15 minutes.

Is Jehober getting ready to have another armegeddon? I wouldnt sweat it.

• brinjen
    brinjen

I read one that was two part. First was an actual dub's account on what they think it will be like (skipping merrily over the dead bodies etc), the second part is one very similar to this. Still trying to find it again This one's pretty good

• delilah
    delilah

Could you even IMAGINE living in that place with those people??? I think I'd stone myself, before letting them have at me.

Love the ending, hahahaha

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit