Texas wants you anyway...

by Country Girl 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I was really impressed by Dallas and the fact that it had alot of trendy restaurants along its highway exits, unlike another Texas city that had bail bonds, liquor stores and pawn shops. Dallas just seemed like a vibrant city.

And there is a song called "there's a little of everything in Texas"

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    well, texas can want me, but, it'll never have me. i'm a n'awlins boy through and through.

Well duh...I am the same with Santa Fe, but What I am saying is there is a way to find a way to appreciate Texas and it is pretty cool that even though I was pretty rude about Texas when I got here, Texas has been pretty good to me. See?

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

i hear ya, i'm just having some fun.

• horrible life
    horrible life

I live 10 miles from Texas. I do most of my grocery shopping, and most of my entertainment $$$ in Texas. When it is time to go to the mall, my daughter and I, head for Dallas.

I LOVE TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Except when it comes to college football. OU OU OU OU OU OU OU OU OU OU OU OU Oklahoma University Boomer Sooner!!!!!!!!

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    Boomer Sooner!!!!!!!!

lol you are so funny... Horrible life!

• wednesday
    wednesday

click the link in my first post, and you'll hear some of "waltz across Texas"

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

"it's a never-ending line of wal-marts and strip malls. no real culture, no soul."

Were you staying in the suburbs? Next time you're chased from your home by a natural disaster, give me a call. I don't know about finding culture in Dallas, but I can definitely help you find some soul. ;-)

• BrentR
    BrentR

Texans are my kind of people but I could not stand the geography or lack thereof. I need mountains, big trees, gushing ice cold waterfalls, glaciers and colored leaves in the fall. But what texas lacks in geography is made up by the great people there.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

thanks hemp. i was in the farmers branch area. i went to the "hip" part of dallas downtown. it was okay. nothing to write home about.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I have to agree that texans are the champs of hospitality.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit