Can Atheists be ethical?

by nvrgnbk 38 Replies latest jw friends

• eclipse
    eclipse

Nice article, nvr

Sometimes people just make you just want to slap some education into them. Seriously.

I am so glad that not all christians are as ignorant about non-believers as this man.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Certainly atheists can be and ARE ethical. But if arrogant christians start poking us with sharp sticks, we tend to get testy.

• Twitch
    Twitch
    There's nothing wrong with Christ----- his followers, however, are a different story.

lol Might I add "some" followers,........

• 5go
    5go
    There's nothing wrong with Christ----- his followers, however, are a different story.

Jesus is all right but, his followers sure could use some of their own medicine.

• 5go
    5go

All the worlds problems are because of atheist yet, they comprise 3% of the total population.

• 5go
    5go

Thank you, nvrgbk talk about a perfect set up from my last post!

• Twitch
    Twitch

5go

Interesting that atheist and non religious are categorized separately

• 5go
    5go
    Interesting that atheist and non religious are categorized separately

It's like being in between jobs. So they really can't be considered an athiest proper yet. Though, I wouldn't doubt a good bit of them becoming atheist in the future.

• LearningToFly
    LearningToFly

I for one believe that whether you are atheist, agnostic, christian, ect.. ect.. our genetic makeup as human beings no matter what faith or belief system you live your life with we all have the same capability of knowing what is obviously evil and what is not. Whatever belief system you grow up with or chose to live by does not determine whether you are at your basic core good or bad or (unethical). We have seen throughout history, people of many faiths who believe in god whom have acted out evil upon their fellow man, what makes them more pure and ethical due to a christian belief system than others of different beliefs. Nothing! We are all born knowing this, regardless of what belief system we may be exposed to.. individuals growing up in the most evil environments do live productively after leaving.. living ethical lives, in which they as individuals inherently know is right...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit