"JESUS CAMP". Have you seen it?

by Open mind 12 Replies latest social entertainment

• Open mind
    Open mind

Anyone?

Open Mind

• Open mind
    Open mind

Was this thread a little too minimalist?

• 5go
    5go

Not yet ! Infasizing the yet.

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

Seen it, its scary stuff.

• Open mind
    Open mind

I just saw it and highly recommend it. It's a very well done documentary by a couple of female co-directors from New York City (I think).

since it's focus is on Pentecostals, it allows JWs and ex-JWs to view it a little more objectively than the video "Knocking". BTW, "jesus camp" is definitely not pro-Pentecostal, but it's also very sensitively produced. It's not just a one-dimensional slam.

What was really eye-opening to me was how "extreme" they seemed on certain things, but how the JWs are even more extreme in others.

Check it out if you can.

Also, re-watch it with the directors comments on. It's worth it. And, of course, the deleted scenes.

Gotta go.

Open Mind

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

Looks intriguing! I added it to my Netflix - thanks for the rec.

brunn

• sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine

Yes, I especially enjoyed the scenes of Ted Haggard preaching against homosexuality. Only to be 'outed' a few months

after the film was released.

• mavie
    mavie

Yes, it was disturbing. Fundamentalist American's are raising a "Christian Army" to fight the evils of the world, especially fundamentalist Muslims. It's disgusting what religion can do to people.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Oh yes, I saw it.

They're all the same.

• 5go
    5go

It still amazes me, the hypocracy of fundementalist Christian in regards to fundementalist Muslims. They want exactly the same thing just they want to worship the god of abraham and put this gods laws into the the laws of their repective countries. They just can't agree on which prophets were the true ones. Sound like neither was to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit