what official body appoints elders in the UK?

by besty 12 Replies latest jw friends

• besty
    besty

is it WTBS of Great Britain, IBSA or some other entity?

Or are they appointed by a US based incorporation?

Cheers

Besty

• besty
    besty

bttt

anybody?

I have a JC tomorrow night and any info would be much appreciated....

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Elders are in general, appointed by the service department. I'm not sure if the branch in England has it's own service department, but I would assume it does.

S4

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

elders are appointed by the Service Department of the respective countries Branch Office. When the appointment comes back, it is literally rubberstamped as being approved by the GB. Even a lot of elders don't realize the GB never sees their recommendations, they just presume Sam Herd or someone really does stamp those forms all day long

The GB is only DIRECTLY involved in appointing circuit overseers and branch committee members worldwide. Even District Overseers are appointed by the Service Committee since they have already been approved (although hand picked by the Service Committee) by the GB.

Snakes ()

PS....what are the two most powerful departments in the Borg? Service and Legal......they control everything.

• Enjoying freedom
    Enjoying freedom

It may as well be the Smurfs for all the actual real power they wield in the real world!!!!!

As far as attending a JC is concerned - I wouldn't bother.

Your attendance at their commend will only reinforce the lie and misperception that they wield power!

But if you do go - have lots of fun with them!

• Honesty
    Honesty

Why give the appointed False Prophets of the Watchtower Society an opportunity to inflate their megalomaniacal egos to the EXTREME?

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Your attendance at their commend will only reinforce the lie and misperception that they wield power!

But if you do go - have lots of fun with them!

Now who do I know who's been saying exactly that . . .

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

When I was the secretary, up the late nineties, everything was in the name of the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society of Britain, I assume it would still be the same.

I recall somebody, either a C/O or Kingdom Ministry School Instructor saying that the London Office acted under the direction of , and with delegated authority of the Governing Body - so it was seen as a theocratic appointment [ In their eyes]

Good luck at your J C meeting !

• dobbie
    dobbie

Good luck with your jc meeting tomorrow Besty

• Enjoying freedom
    Enjoying freedom

To Pubsinger - I always think it a mistake to feed elders misplaced egos!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit