We are we almost all black now? Especially CO's.

by coaster 39 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    and there sure as hell needs to be some Latin Americans

Muy cierto.

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

Here in the Deep South, we've had many, many black co's in recent years. the growth in the ranks around here has primarily and overwhelmingly been from the minorities, both hispanic and black, and it appears to me that this is the society trying to send travelling men out that the r/f can 'better relate to'.

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

ssorry coaster... i was in a very bad mood last night... i dont think you are racist for a second... just thought to myself, who cares... obviously you do... sorry man

the infamous one

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I cant respond fully now, But the society does use race as a motivational factor. As JT used to point out a black man that has made a 'name' for himself (see J.R.Brown) is more likely to push their agenda and not ask questions. And in a sort of reverse racist fashion, they can challenge the white brothers to obey the black brother and use that as an excuse for their control

Its all about complete control and they will use any means neccesary to keep it.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I once sat in a "black" section at a district convention. Except I had to leave halfway through because the wafting scent of KFC waiting to be opened at lunch was making my stomach growl like a mother.

*daniel-p runs away and hides*

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

*daniel-p runs away and hides*

Why are you hiding? Cmon out from there, no offence taken here. There's a KFC just down the road from the Cow Palace in Daly City, Ca where my parents go for their district convention.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

On a few occasions when I have mentioned to people that I was raised a JW, they have often replied "I thought that was a black religion". I have always had to laugh at that one.

I suspect it is like anything, when you appeal to those who are suffering the most in life, they are usually the less educated people which statistically are minorities. The carrot of something better with nothing more then believing in a particular religious belief makes it available (i.e., no monetary cost to them). Up in Lake County, IL (where I am originally from), the number of spanish congos has been growing by leaps and bounds. However, I found out that this past year one of the congos that my mother switched to was dissolved for lack of people. It was merged w/ another congo. But that same hall has added another spanish congo.

• R.F.
    R.F.
    Except I had to leave halfway through because the wafting scent of KFC waiting to be opened at lunch was making my stomach growl like a mother.

• coaster
    coaster

Thans infamousone! Don't sweat it.

coaster

• steve2
    steve2
    this topic kinda offends me... im sorry if im being a prude here

You said it: Your prudery shows!

Well, I'll be damned if I do and damned if I don't! If we ignore ethnic group trends, we're accused of treating these groups as invisible and of no account, and if we notice them, we're accused of being racist. Watch out sociologists - you'll too be accused of racism for daring to look at trends among ethnic groups.

I think the topic is highly relevant and speaks to the differential impact of the witnesses' message on different groups. Chronologically, the Watchtower Society's earliest influence was predominantly among caucasians: Look at early pictures of Russell and his cronies. As the decades passed, and the message was disseminated more widely, other ethnic groups, until today, the biggest growth is seen among hispanics. In fact, anecdotal reports suggest that the witnesses' message is appealing less and less to caucasians. So, the question about the ethnic-group composition of leadership positions is indeed relevant.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit